Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interference between cell phone and CB antennas

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by driney, Feb 16, 2003.

1. driney

driney 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I already have a roof mount cell phone antenna. I would like to add a roof mount CB antenna (no wires showing) but I did not want to create a problem with them being too close together. I will be running a fairly small antenna, and legal power on the CB. I don't need much range, just to talk to friends traveling with me.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I don't see a problem with it. Serously, are you going to be keying up the CB when you're on the cell phone ?????

3. driney

driney 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I don't expect to use both at the same time other than the phone will be connected and turned on. I may try it with a magnetic mount before I start drilling holes. Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

You'll be fine. There is a huge frequency difference between CB's and cell phones.

5. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

What about CBs and Radios? Cuz i got a Cobra and a 5ft ant.behind the cab mounted to the bed and if the radio is on its like i got the PA switched on cuz i come over the radio speakers. Im on the Radio /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

That has more to do with the wiring than the antenna's. That used to happen to me when I put an external amp on the radio. I ended up putting filters on everything and running the antenna wire different and it all cleared up.

7. Dale fan

Dale fan 1/2 ton status

Yep, that's just RF interference. Get you a good noise filter on your AM/FM radio to help with that. Of course if your pushing a lot of power then it may not help much. I used to get some cell phones way back when they were in the 800 mhz range before the new digital ones. If your running a 102" steel whip they like to leak RF pretty bad.

8. dodgetruck91

dodgetruck91 Registered Member

between frequency and modulation type youll be fine. with ur cell phoen beinge digital, it lil act like the analog RF form teh CB is interference and tuen it out.