Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interference

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by blazingboy, Nov 5, 2002.

1. blazingboy

blazingboy 1/2 ton status

Whenever I run the windshield wipers I get bad interference with my CB it is a Midland it is a pretty old one I found in my Grandpa's garage. What could it be. I thought a ground ,but I have my amp for my subs grounded to the same place and it works fine.

2. prerunner1982

prerunner1982 1/2 ton status

i am no expert...but you might check the power supply as well... i have mine wired into the cig lighter and only get whining noises that coincide with the rpm of my engine when someone it talking...

jon

3. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

Unfortunately pretty much anything run by an electric motor will produce radio interference. The motors design makes it so, due to the rotating magnetic fields you end up with a radio signal. You can buy a filter for your power wires, but these only work so well. You are pretty much out of options, you can try moving your wires and antenna around.

4. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

For starters you need to figure out how it's coming into your radio.

Take off the antenna and see if the noise is still there. If it goes away then it is coming though the antenna and your only chance to get rid of it is to move the antenna around to minimize the noise and possibly block it all,

If you still have the noise with no antenna then it's coming from the power cables. you can use simple filters to clear up the problem or possibly reroute the power wires etc.

Good luck

5. Marshall

Marshall 1/2 ton status

Simpily run your power wire to the Battery it acts like a filter, plus you can turn on your CB when ever you want without the vehicle started. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif