Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

interior body panels (bed area)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by plinkin556, May 1, 2004.

1. plinkin556

plinkin556 Registered Member

Anybody got any ideas on what I can do with the bed of my blazer? The original panels have been removed leaving a bunch of brackets. I have an idea to use some treated plywood build new panels with storage and speakers built in. Any better ideas? I wish I had the skill to do the diamond plate thing.

2. kazajames56

kazajames56 Registered Member

I built mine out of 1/2 inch MDF and mounted my speakers in them. I can get you some pictures and some measurements in a couple of days if you like.

Steven

3. plinkin556

plinkin556 Registered Member

That would be gret, Thanks.

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

1/4" marine plywood; multiple coats of varathane:

[​IMG]

Later they got some nice blue vinyl stapled over them, and voila, new rear interior.

-- A

5. 85 blazer

85 blazer 1/2 ton status

I used floor underlayment(LUON) and then used a black chip guard and mounted my speakers to it moved them under the ashtrays, yes I put the ashtrays in my new panels

6. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I made mine out of fiber glass

7. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

You could start off with a wood backing, And then over lay some headliner material. You can buy the rolls of it at pepboys for 30.00. Enough to do 1 side. Just to make it "look better". I considered that, But then stumbled on a good set of stock ones!!

8. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I am going to recarpet mine with black carpet but before I lay it down I am going to cut a really long flame pattern out of 1/2" foam and glue it the the panels, then lay the carpet over to reveal 3D flames all the way down the bedsides. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I have an idea to use some treated plywood build new panels with storage and speakers built in.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats exactly what I did... i made some "half panels" that run from the middle of the wheel-well forward. Treated the hell out of the plywood, covered it with black vinyl and installed some speakers. Attached it with new stainless screws/washers. Its held up REALLY well, even when I have the top off and it rains it doesnt seem to effect em much.

Dont think I'd use diamond plate for this app... no real point in doing that is there?

j