Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interior Color Change

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cusm, Feb 27, 2001.

1. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

This spring/summer the Blazer is getting an interior face lift. I am replacing the seats and console w/ those from a '96+ Chevy, spray in bed liner, new side panels w/ speakers, new carpet. The interior is burgandy right now, but it will be grey. Now my question is I will replace the door panels w/ new or salvaged parts and the plastic trim as well, but the back seat is in GREAT shape so I am getting it reupolstered. But what is the best way to change the color from burgandy to grey on the trim? What is the best paint to use?

[​IMG]

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Go to any good auto parts store and buy vinyl paint. Also clean up the old trim real good with acetone or a wax/ tar remover. Then shoot it again with the paint. I've done it for friends before and the results are awesome. I'll be doing it again to mine very soon. Sumit also carries vinyl paints in a wider range of colors.

L8r,
    . Riz . <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</A>

[​IMG]

3. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

Thanks Riz, this will help cut down on my salvage yard time, and my wallet will love me for it. I will try to get some pics when I start this project.

[​IMG]

4. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

SEM makes a good product. I think that is the one most shops use. Its about 8-9 bucks a can and works great. They also make a carpet spray paint that I have used and have been satisfied with the results.