Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interior color

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MILOLGJC, Mar 7, 2003.

1. MILOLGJC

MILOLGJC Registered Member

I am trying to fix up the interior of a truck we aquired this past summer. The 76 K-5 has a dark red interior that is original. The interior door panels list the colors for that year and it appears that it is "OX" for oxblood I believe. The interior door pockets have "red" listed on a sticker and a 6 digit number 355 691 on the same sticker. This number does not match the door panel number for a cheyanne which is 351 380, so I don't no if these are part numbers or color numbers. I have not been able to find a trim tag yet.....any help would be appreciated. Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I searched through my RPO book and couldn't find an interior color called Oxblood. I'm willing to bet that GM still uses a similar color but has changed the name since 1976.

I honestly believe your best bet at getting a solid match is to take a fabric sample to a local upholstery shop and let them do some research for you. Chances are they'll have the resources to find the color you're looking for....

Good luck, brother!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. MILOLGJC

That is in process at this time and have yet to hear back from them. The brochure that year only refers to a red interior, but the interior is a very dark red. What I am trying to do is replace the carpet with something close to the original. Thanks.

4. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

My 86 has oxblood interior- when I started looking for carpet- I had a few samples sent to me. I still have the carpeted door panels, so I was able to match the colors. The problem is that the truck is 17 years old so the original "oxblood" doesn't match the new "oxblood" carpets that I can get. Because the truck is set to end up "pretty" I'm going with black carpet. For me this works because the rest of my interior is black, as is the exterior. I redid my dash pad, visors, and headliner in black- which will make the carpet actually match better than the new oxblood shade ever could.

I believe the carpet that matched the best though still not perfect was the sample from Summit- nifty products carpet.

Brandy

5. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

I replaced all of my interior and went with black to make sure it matched.

Have you tried Classic Industries? When I used to build Camaros, they did a real good job of researching the correct factory colors. I would not be surprised if their catalog had some good info for you. You can download their catalog from their site.

Good luck

6. MILOLGJC

I have sent carpet samples to Classic industries, but have yet to hear back from them yet...hopefully soon. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif