Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interior Courtesy Lights????

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bunn60, Jun 26, 2002.

1. bunn60

bunn60 Newbie

I have a 70 Blazer with a double wall top - There are four different places on the inside of the top that have threaded inputs which are capped off. Are thes for courtesy lights or are they for shoulder harness seat belts? Any help - please.

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Those holes are for the optional sholder belts (which I have never seen befor).

3. Kev71

Kev71 Registered Member

I have my shoulder harness seat belts in the front holes. Also, i have 2 "courtesy lights' drilled into my roll bar. But i have to push a button to turn them on, so i guess there not too courteous.

4. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

The factory interior lights don't automatically turn on unless the original purchaser ordered the truck with door pins and the jumper harness. My Blazer doesn't have door pins and I have to turn the interior lights on using the headlight switch. One of these days, I'm going to add the pins and the otional under-dash courtesy lights.

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

I've never seen them either. Did they think the fiberglass would actually hold in a crash?

nathan

6. POFF

POFF 1/2 ton status

FYI: The under dash courtesy lights in some of the 80's Caprices are just like the Blazer ones. I put some in my truck and they make a huge difference.