Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interior design

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudBnny, Jul 18, 2001.

1. MudBnny

MudBnny Registered Member

I know a lot of posts have been on here about this and I've done a search on it but...what is the best spray in lining to use for the interior of my Blazer (Rhino lining, Herculiner, LineX, Ultimate...)? Can I do it myself or do I have to have someone else do it? I know there's a lot of you out there who've done it so I would totally appreciate your opinions and experience.
    Thanks.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I used a do it yourself roll on liner when I re-did my floors last year. It seems to hold up pretty good. Two things though, number one is the mess and the hassle of doing it and number two the sprayed on liners go on much 'nicer' and thicker if you want. I will prolly get a liner sprayed in next time.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

3. johnny reb

johnny reb 1/2 ton status

I just finished ripping out my carpets and prepping the interior of mine for the same thing. Had to patch up a few rust holes but otherwise mine was pretty clean. I'm using Herculiner. I searched the archives and there are many different opinions on this. Some people swear by the Line-X but that's too expensive for me. I hope to finish mine this weekend.

1986 K5, New GM 350, Edelbrock Intake, K&N Air Filter, Flowtech Headers, Dual 3" Exhaust, 33" Pirelli Scorpion AT, 700R4, 3.42 gears

4. MudBnny

MudBnny Registered Member

Please let me know how yours turns out. Pics would be great. Also, if you could let me know about how long it took you to do everything (from tearing out the carpet to taping things up and actually lining the truck, that'd be great. About how much did your whole opertaion cost? (if you don't mind me asking.)

5. 502Burban

502Burban 1/2 ton status

I'll cast my vote for Rhinoliner. I've had it in 4 different trucks, and been very happy with it. Keeps rust from forming, quiets down the road noise, keeps things from sliding around, and makes for a nice cushion when you throw something heavy in the truck (won't dent the body).

Downside is you can't apply it yourself. Also, it matters as to who you have do it. I had three pickups done by a guy in Oxnard, who does a very nice job. The last one cost about $400, but he sprays it on very thick; about 1/4". I had my Suburban done by someone else, and wasn't impressed; not bad, but not great either. [​IMG]

I would suggest that whoever you have do the work should let you look at a couple of their recent jobs, so that you can check the thickness, and the quality of their trim lines.

Just my .02c...

Robb
    '73 GMC Suburban - 502DFI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/robbrj>community.webshots.com/user/robbrj</a>