Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

interior door panels

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 76GMCJimmyinAZ, Jul 19, 2000.

1. 76GMCJimmyinAZ

76GMCJimmyinAZ Registered Member

Anyone know a good source for new interior door panels? LMC is mighty proud of theirs... I guess I'll stay with "french whorehouse red", aka maroon or burgundy or whatever....

GUZZLES GAS BUT IT'S FREE AND CLEAR!!!

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

3. Peeetah

Peeetah Registered Member

Try JC Whitley

They sell two deluxe door panels for about 219.00

4. 76GMCJimmyinAZ

76GMCJimmyinAZ Registered Member

Thanks! That price is (if I remember right) about what LMC wants. Soooo, apparently they're right in line with what everyone else wants for theirs... Nice color pics on the website too. I think I'd buy from there before JCWhitney...

GUZZLES GAS BUT IT'S FREE AND CLEAR!!!

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

6. 70jimmy#2

70jimmy#2 Registered Member

I plan on removing the vinyl, pleather material from my old panels, and having them sprayed with linex which should last forever. just another option

7. Peter J

Peter J Registered Member

I'm rebuilding an '83. New ones from GM were $54 each, bare and uncolored. Beware the aftermarket stuff such as Coverlay (this is what LMC sells), they are NOT reproductions. Not necessarily bad.... just not like originals.
    I'm surprised how many parts are still available through GM, about 85-90% of what I've needed! No small potatoes, either, probably spent $1200-1500 so far just on GM stuff.
    PJ

8. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

yep, many of them are not reproductions just replacments.
    try yearone, they have reproductions. they look pretty good in the pictures. i think i will be getting a set of those.
    can anyone tell me if i can use, the later models ones on my 78 k5 with no problems? what i mean is it a DIRECT drop in?

Knife.

9. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I had the "whorehouse red" also.....I sprayed (dyed) them with a vinyl dye from an auto paint store. I used grey and they looked great. Fairly scratch resistant also. You have to clean them real well, and I used a clear "plastic primer", then use lots of very light coats. Wrecking yards are a good place to look for 'em. They usually just chunk 'em in the back end.

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm