Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interior Door Panels

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by nyyef, Oct 19, 2000.

1. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

i want to order new interior door panels. i was wondering, do the panels from 81 and newer fit the older 77-80 doors?

i know the door itself (outer and inner skin) are exactly the same. but i know the inner door handle on the newer ones are a little smaller. will this be a direct bolt in fit?
    TIA

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

2. MuleMaster

MuleMaster 1/2 ton status

Knife,
    looks like You will be shipping a complete blazer in parts back to the KSA! [​IMG]
    CU
    MuleMaster

<font color=blue>K5 Blazer...because size DOES matter
    http://projectmule.coloradok5.com</font color=blue>

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I've had door panels from both 'eras' on my 81 Jimmy. When I was using the older panels I also had to swap the door handles. Then I got some panels out of a '90 and again they fit right up but I could'nt put the door handle recess in because I now had the old style handle (too big). So now I have to find the new style handles again. Moral of the story? Never throw good parts out, even if you don't think you'll ever need them again![​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]

4. 74K5Jay

74K5Jay Registered Member

hey

i have 86 door panels (so i was told) on my 74 K5 they fit with a little trimming near the lock. i don't have p/w or p/l though. (I am actually throwing them out and ordering new ones 74 )