Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

interior door panels

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mccomas, Aug 18, 2003.

1. mccomas

mccomas 1/2 ton status

can someone recommend a web site to order interior door panels for my 86 k5? i am looking for something as close to oem as possible. thanks...

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

www.ChevyDuty.com

The have OK aftermarket replacements (bought a set), and OEM (paint to match....which I bought after buying the aftermarkets /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif )

3. Blazn88

Blazn88 Registered Member

You can also go to LMCTruck.com... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

If you read the fine print it states you can't use the stock trim. In other words, nothing like stock. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I bought a real nice set of NOS ones, with NOS woodgrain inserts off ebay a few months ago. Mine were the '73-76 style, which is a little harder to come across...if you have 6 or 9 months of patiance, I'm sure a pair would eventually show up there...Do you need the whole panel with trim and all replaced...or just the door panel? The OEM trim/inserts are much harder to come by (and repair for that matter), than the panel itself..Panels themselves can often simply be painted with a good quality paint (made for plastic)...

BlazerMan