Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

interior dying

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shanemcg45, Feb 24, 2005.

1. shanemcg45

shanemcg45 Registered Member

No my interior is not on the verge of death. I've read a few things about people who dye their interior plastic pieces. How is this done and what products do you use?

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i've always sprayed mine thru a regular gun.. PPG makes a good die... works good.. pretty sure they're available in rattle cans too..

heres a link i had to a site that has dyes, paint, etc for interior stuff...

http://www.parasolinc.com/

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

jekell and Hyde

Two brands I have used and sold that are good is Mar-Hyde and S E M brand...I have seen Mar-Hyde spray bombs at pep boys,the S E M brand stuff is in liquid form,it comes in quarts,and a parts/paint store can custom mix a lot of colors..I hear plain old spray paint works as good on hard plastic door and kick panels--judging by the overspray I got on mine when I primed my floor patches,I'd say its true--even carb cleaner didnt get it off,and it started to soften the plastic.:frown1: :crazy: