Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interior/exterior Trim Questions

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CDA 455, Aug 25, 2006.

1. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Hi gang! Longtime reader-first time question/new 'official'member!
    Question: How can I find out what my trim looked like when it was new? I have a '72 CST Blazer thats been primer'd to the hilt. With most of the exterior trim removed. It still has the woodgrain dashboard bezel though. Does this mean the glovebox, ashtray, radio plate, and exterior molding all have woodgrain trim too :confused: ? Judging by the rear bench seat , my interior color was black. The info on the inside part of the glovebox was spraypainted over. Any and all suggestions/info are welcome. Thanks!:D

2. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Mine ('72 CST) had the woodgrain exterior trim and interior, but only on the gauge bezel and door panels (may have had it on rear panels but they are gone) but there was no trim whatsoever on the ashtray or glovebox. Hope that helps.

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

4. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Thanks for the responses. It looks like the CK10,20 trucks (Cheyenne, Super Cheyenne models) had the glovebox, as well as the instument and door panels, woodgrain trim on them.