Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interior Handle

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RJB44, Jan 11, 2007.

1. RJB44

RJB44 1/2 ton status

I recently had a 1991 K5 which had a interior handle affixed to the top of the cab (Passenger side). I believe it is factory. I now have a GMC Jimmy (91) and I saw that the handle isn't present. Although i know the previous owner replaced the headliner, so maybe he removed it then. But I am just curious if this was an option or only availble on the Blazer model.

I would like to put one on each side of the cab to help get up onthat 4 inch lift. I think these are the same handles that are typically affixed in the back cap area (bench seat). maybe I can get a set from a old blazer or suburban and paint them interior color.

2. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

when i bought my 89 blazer it had one on each side. then i chopped the top off. sorry i just chucked them last week or i would have given them to you. if you peal the headliner back there would be two threaded inserts for the handles if your jimmy had them.

3. RJB44

RJB44 1/2 ton status

Handle

The previous owner did put in a new headliner, so maybe the holes are there.
    I can actually take one from the back, paint it 'Maroon' with the interior paint and add it to the passenger side. Anything to help my wife climb up as the "Occassional" Passenger. Truck has recently had 4 inch lift w/35 inch tires added.

Thanks

4. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

you mean "oh-sh*t" handles? :D

5. BlazerFarm

BlazerFarm Texagonian Premium Member

I have those bolt holes in the roof on the passenger side too as well as on the fiberglass top on both sides for the passengers. It's a 1990. However, the handles are missing on mine too. I have the bolts.

Any idea where we can get these handles?