Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interior Ideas-update

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by monsterjim, Jun 24, 2004.

1. monsterjim

monsterjim 1/2 ton status

Plasma cutter had a bad tip so just had the local machine shop C&C me a bezel out of diamond plate [​IMG]

Turned out pretty good, Got it thrown in last night with all the white faced gauges and wired up. The extra hole next to the tach is for a speedometer, but white faced ones are high dollar, so will have to wait on that. [​IMG]

Gonna get the MSD put in where the glove box used to be and the stereo above it, I bent that glove box piece to conform a little better, and gonna put the toggle switches up there where the middle heat vent used to be. Gotta get a grey dash cover also! [​IMG]

Heres how the MSD will get set up, got the rev limiter control mounted on the outside of the plate. [​IMG]

Anybody got any good ideas on what to do for seats that won't be real expensive, Gonna start on the roll cage this weekend. What do ya thinks so far. Puttin in the poly (somthinoranother) floor from LMC truck and then Rhinoing the back part.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Very nice work /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

That looks very good. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

just check around the local wrecking yards, for seats. I got mine for $25 or so. usually they will have a bucket seat clearance every once in awhile.

5. monsterjim

monsterjim 1/2 ton status

wanted to get more of a racing style seat, are those pro high backs for only $37.00 out of JEGS any good, or are they gonna be real uncomfortable even with the $33.00 padding? probably get what ya pay for, they are just molded polyethylene, has anyone used these?

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

very cool!

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I was just thinking has jjlaughner seen this post? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. thedrip

thedrip 1/2 ton status

The jegs seats are great.. in a car. Bouncing around in a truck offroad, you're going to end up with a black and blue behind. Definately want something with a sprung seat bottom.

9. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

95ish Ford Probe GT seats. they've got a large hole in the middle of the back that would be perfect to mount a Y type harness through.