Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

interior ideas

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by monsterjim, Jun 6, 2004.

1. monsterjim

monsterjim 1/2 ton status

Gutted the inside of my K5 and am re doing the interior. I've got the roll cage built all the way through and got the rubberized mat for the floorboards coming from LMC truck parts. I re did the instrument panel with diamond plate and put all aftermarket white face guages in it. I liked the way it looked and since my glove box was broke I sealed that hole up with diamond plate also and put my new fuse box behind it. I took the stereo and climate controls out, the climate stuff didn't work anyway, I just have my fan hooked up to a toggle switch. So I took the passenger air vents out and cut a hole and put the stereo up in front of the passenger seat right next to where the old air vent was. Then put more diamond plate along where the strip used to be. It looks good so far, but ya think I am going to go overboard with the diamond plate. I was going to do both the back fender well panels also and then put some on the bottom of the doors also. Making it so I can hose it out easier. I'll get some pics posted, but what do yall think, is all that diamond plate going to be to much, or anyone have any other ideas besides rino lining the sides and everything. Thanks for any input. here are some pics, remember I am just getting started Blazer redo

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

well Jlaughner will tell you there is NEVER too much dimond plate, i think some is ok but be reasonable.

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I would say put up some pics , I don't think the diamond plat is bad , as long as you are doing a clean job with it. If it looks like you cut it with your teeth /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif it meybe to much, but like I said , hard to say. I prsonaly like shiny!!

4. monsterjim

I've been cutting it all with a plasma cutter and trimming in out in either black or crome door edge trim. I notice your from Dallas, do you make it up there North of Bowie or Denton to those rock climbing events? Maybe we'll see ya at one eh.

5. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I live in Haslet now. My wife's MONSTER (mother) lives in Bowie, as a matter of fact I think my wife graduamattted form theer.

6. monsterjim

And I thought those corp 14s were bulletproof. Just had to show off eh? Pretty neat though.

7. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    well Jlaughner will tell you there is NEVER too much diamond plate

[/ QUOTE ]

Darkshadow, you beat me to it. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

-- A

8. monsterjim

done deal then, ordered a couple more sheets of diamond plate this afternoon, when are these metal prices gonna go down? Will post some pics when I get proud enough of it. thanks for talking me into it. do you think I will need any noise or vibration supression on the long pieces going over the rear fender wells. I know there is bracing there about every 8 inches, but will it be rigid enough, Probably just add some for safe measure.

9. monsterjim

here's a couple pics of what I got to work with, any ideas or changes would be appreciated. Looks like crap now with the different colors and things. It will all end up grey eventually, gonna trim out the diamond plate with crome door molding since the plasma cutter was acting up a bit. I'll up date when I get more work done, but it all takes time and money. Blazer re-do

10. lason

lason 1/2 ton status

I think it looks pretty good so far but try to roll the plate at the bottom of where the glove box was to give it a more finished look and also so it doesnt act as a chin scraper for the passenger. Also, whats up with the stereo location? That is the only thing I would change, along with the chin splitter. I would put the stereo at the bottom right corner of the gauge clust close to where the factory was if it was my truck. Anyway opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one. Just do what you like, that is what counts.

11. monsterjim

yeah havent really figured out about the steroe yet, Its got a remote so I (driver) can still control it. And its got a neat eq with graphics that you can change, like little swimming dolphins and such, you couldn't really see the display in its stock location. I'll get something figured out, nothin is bolted down yet. gotta take it all out so I dont scuff it when I go to fabbin the roll cage. Thanks for the input though. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif