Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interior lights no workie

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by Blaze, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

My interior lights had stopped working a while back and I figured it was time to fix it. The lights don't come on when I open the doors, but I can turn them on when I flip the dimmer switch. Strange thing is that the alternator went bad, and when I parked it, the lights worked again, but after I replaced the alternator, they stopped working. Seems like a ground to me, but I have no idea where to look for the ground. Anybody have any ideas? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Is the dome light override switch turned off perhaps? Our '94 Sub has a rocker switch below the light controls that lets you disable the dome lights, in case you have to carry something that requires leaving a back door open. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Nope, I checked that already.

4. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

Could be your door switch.(the pokey thing) Mine doesn't illuminate the lights or the chime when I open my doors sometimes.

5. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I thought that might be the case, but that wouldn't explain why it randomly worked for an hour, then stopped again. They don't work with either door or the tailgate/hatch. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

6. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I'm such a moron. Harry, you were right. I guess I just didn;t check hard enough. DOH! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

Hey man at least it turned out to be something that didn't cost you anything /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I've done that before on ours. Open the door at night and wonder why in the heck the lights didn't come on. Makes ya wonder if the battery has gone dead... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Glad to hear that it was an easy "fix"! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif