Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interior question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LittleJimmy, Apr 26, 2001.

1. LittleJimmy

LittleJimmy 1/2 ton status

My interior is pretty much shot. I ripped out all the carpet seats etc. And I noticed under the driver side there is another piece of metal like right above the cat. Is that like a heat shield. But I was just wondering about what gage sheet metal to go with to replace the floor. I will have some pics coming. Any ideas suggestion will be welcomed. Thanks LittleJimmy...

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by LittleJimmy on 04/26/01 09:43 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I dont understand what your asking, are your floorpans rusted out and your asking what guage of steel to weld in place? Or what guage metal to use to make a heat shield? The metal piece above the cat is a heat shield

Murphy's Laws on Life :
    "It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object to realize you are in a hurry."

3. deothrwhtmt

deothrwhtmt Registered Member

Galvinized 20-18ga. Nothing bigger than that I am guessing.

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Hey isn't there some deal about not welding gavinized metal, fumes kill ya or something, just thought I'd throw that in...