Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

interior Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KonaZo, Feb 9, 2001.

1. KonaZo

KonaZo Newbie

I need seats for my 89 Jimmy. It has the facory seats in it, but I want to upgrade, and I can't find any aftermarket seats. Every place I look they have seats for the trucks but not the Jimmy. Will truck seats fit in a Jimmy? or does anyone know of newer model chevy seats that will fit in a 89 Jimmy? I've heard that 99 chevy tahoe seats will work. I don't want anything custom, just a seat with a armrest....THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!

2. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

buckets from a newer chevy or gmc should fit. But you may have to modify the brackets. Late 80's early 90's suburbans I think came with armrest, this would be a direct bolt in.

3. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

I've installed 94 Suburban captains Bucket seats in my 82 Blazer.. I installed them by using 1/4 inch plate steel mounting to the floor..
    First, I drilled through the plate steel where the original seat mounting holes are in the floor. Then I bolted the plate steel down. Next I placed the seats over the plate steel and marked where the seat mounting bracket holes were.. drillled those holes and used grade 8 hardware to mount the seats through the steel plates and floorboard.
    And I siliconed up all the new holes I drilled to prevent water from coming up into the cab.
    I have pics... if you'd like to see them.
    Email me and I'll send a few.
    Rocko.

It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

4. KonaZo

KonaZo Newbie

Thanks again for the info...Y'all helped out a lot.

5. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I am also looking to change the seats in my 87 K5, anyone found a direct bolt in for this truck? Anyone tryed the seats from LMC? I'm tired for feeling like a Getto guy because my seats lean me back so far I feel like I'm in the back seat and their is no real adjustment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]<font color=red> Ride'in High In My K5! [​IMG]