Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

interior questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5-newf, Oct 5, 2006.

1. K5-newf

K5-newf 1/2 ton status

2 quick questions

were can i get a replacement dash pad or a somethign to use to replace it??? mine had lots of cracks in it and a carpet liek dash pad over the top.

next question my truck got a add on guage cluster on the bottom of the dash ( amps,water , and oil) i always gotta look down at them witch i hate . any one try mounting them on a bracket into the little capartment on the top right had side of the stock guages or any other idea were to put them.

thank
    jason

2. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Check LMC.com for the dash pad, they have OEM and NON OEM ones.

As far as gauges, I started a post on teh same thing. It was titled "Has anyone done this with gauges" or something like that. But here is what I came up with that turned out great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its a Ford Mustang Dash Pod (94-03 model) It is made by Autometer. I had to file on the bottom a lil bit to get it flush sitting. No holes needed to be drilled. The wires and mounting plate all fit thru the center speaker holes.

3. K5-newf

K5-newf 1/2 ton status

that looks good only thing i have 3 gauges

4. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Here is where my water temp and oil press gauges are

[​IMG]

Eventually im goin to take out all the stock gauges and put this in that location, but until then, this is where they stay.

Some other options are from autometer. They actually have other dash pods. There is a 3 gauge pod that is for Dodge trucks that could be made to fit. The plastic in the pod is sandable and filable, so its easy to handfit. Jus check summit for dash pods.

I jus seen this on SUmmit Racing website, It wasnt on there b4, I may have gotten this one

[​IMG]

Here is the dodge one from Summit

[​IMG]

5. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

6. K5-newf

K5-newf 1/2 ton status

i got some ideas runnin threw my head now lol

check out my car domain i got some pics i havent hat the truck very long only thing i did was put expoxy/primer on it so far

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2470315/1

by the way thanks for the help/pics

Jason