Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interior rear panels

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dbozman, Jan 19, 2007.

1. dbozman

dbozman 1/2 ton status

Gutted and redoing the entire interior on my '74 Cheyenne. The interior panels in the rear (one-piece panels below top, above rear wheelwells) are toast. I don't see anything listed in the LMC online catalog (it's been two weeks and still haven't gotten a hard copy).

Any sources for replacement panels? Thanks.

2. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

go junkyard hopping is all i can say, and good luck. i couldn't find any so i just made my own from aluminum dimond plate. next time i would add vinal pads to it.

3. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

4. dbozman

dbozman 1/2 ton status

After looking through what might be the worst online catalog ever, it appears their panels are only for later years (mine's a '74). Still, they're charging more than $400 for those, which is ridiculous. Thanks for checking, though.
    d

5. 73k5blazer

Exactly what I said when I came across those 4 years ago. If you get their colorprint catalog, it's nice. They have the PDF of it online, but the online lookup blows. They do have some unique nice stuff, alot of it is NOS GM stuff too.

So here's what I did instead:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. dbozman

dbozman 1/2 ton status

Cool. I've still got the old ones, so it'll be relatively simple to cut a pattern from them. Did you put any soundproofing junk behind yours?

7. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's exactly what I said after viewing their online cat :haha: :haha: . Yeah they don't have much in the way of stock interior panels, etc. for our older trucks ('73-'76). Yeah I would look for older trucks that are being parted out or junkyards if you're looking for stock. But those diamond plate ones 73k5blazer posted look like a pretty good substitute...

8. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

when i did my diamond plate sides i just put all the factory stuff in the original locations. i'll post pics tommorrow. just wish i would have used thinner plate. and added some vinal pads to it.

9. 73k5blazer

The right side I created a sub box in the quarter panel cavity there. Everything on that side has extra special insulation and sealing to keep the vibs down and keep the sub box (back half of the quarter) sealed to itself.
    But my body is a US Body Source fiberglass body, and as it came, the outside quarters are super thick, and they had glassed right in where the factory panels would go, you just needed to finish them somehow, so essentailly creating a massive cavity between the inner and outer, where I put my sub, amps, inverter...etc..Work out well I think.

10. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I made mine from ABS plastic, dyed them red to match.
    The ABS has a vinyl patern, on on side. The 1/8" sheet I purchased
    was $30 at McMaster-carr.

[​IMG]

11. k5lover

k5lover Registered Member