Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interior work on 86 truck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dhall_polo, Feb 26, 2007.

1. dhall_polo

dhall_polo Newbie

I'm in the process of fixing up an 86 K5. It had already been lifted, had some good tires. and a very thirsty 402 with a Holley. Nothing show quality perhaps, but good enough to focus on the crappy original interior first. There's not much talk of interior work here, but maybe there is some interest. Comments are welcome.

Here's my site for the restoration in progress.
    http://donka.net/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=bigdawg

My interior work was done on a reasonably small budget. I gutted and cleaned the interior myself, then had some pros spray bedliner-x from firewall to tailgate. Add new offroad seats and a few other things, and the original interior is gone. I think the truck must weigh 100 pounds less due to loss of carpets and heavier stock seats.

I was really looking forward to getting a Specialty Soft Top, but now it looks like I need to wait for them to resurface. I'm not so sure I want a bestop since they don't allow the sides to be removed or roll up. (I want bikini\bimini function in the hot Georgia sun.)