Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interior

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Buzz, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Buzz

Buzz Registered Member

I want to completely redo the interior of my 89 k5 blazer. I want to replace all of the carpeting and maybe all of the paneling; I want to change the color from blue to tan and get leather seats and new door paneling (maybe from a tahoe or something of that nature) and maybe even get wood trim for the dash and other areas. I was looking at the steele horse premier seats but i cant find any seats for the back and I am worried that the color wont match up (ie. carpet and seats). Has anyone done anything similar to this, if so I would greatly appreciate some info. I also need to know where I can find such interior products at. Thanks in advance, Blake

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hey Blake, i can't be of much help other than saying that i made my own rear panels from a piece of thin wood paneling i bought from the local hardware store. I would be interested in maybe purchasing your front seats for my 89 blazer though. My drivers side seat is messed up and i could use another one. If you are interested in selling them let me know how much and where you live so we could figure out shipping cost. Also, fill out your profile. It helps other members to help you faster when you need something because all we need to do is look at your profile and see what year your blazer is or where you live.

1989 blazer, 383 stroker, D44 / 14FF, 4.56, locked, 35 BFG mud
    Scott

3. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

For most applications, pick whatever seats you want and have your rear seat upholstered to match it. Most good shops can match up either cloth or leather so close you can't see the difference. I've done this on 2 trucks and most people are surprised when they learn only the rear seat was redone. LMC has most door panels and trim pieces you'll need to swap colors of interiors. Most everything you need is available.

87 K5, 427/340hp BBC,4.56 D60 & 14BFF, NV4500, NP208, TSM rear disc's,

4. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

starting the same process blue to tan swap, and a buddy who owns an upholstery shop said to dye the existing panels, and a Sherwin-Williams automotive paint store sells the dye in rattle cans or convention paint for air. if you have the rear side panels, just remove them and use as a pattern to cut new ones and cover them. LOTS of places sell the carpet. lmc jcwhitney summit etc. and just have the rear seat recovered. he told me that he could not recover my old seats for the what i could buy new ones from steel horse.
    i am taking him my headliner on friday, and he is recovering for $45 since it will be out of the truck already.
    keep me posted of the progress. i am going to start taking som pictures before i take out the headliner.
    chris

It needs a bigger motor.
    what's in it now?
    doen't matter it NEEDS A BIGGER MOTOR
    89 350tbi/700r4h/np208/4.11's

5. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

Well first of all choose your interior you want seats and such from what ever year. then have your rear sear upholstered to match. I like my high back 79 seats so I had my rear seat done to match. I also like the ability to flip forward my passenger seat for access in the back

</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://blueknight.alloffroad.com>http://blueknight.alloffroad.com</a>
    "If First you don't succeed, Destroy all attempts you've tried"