Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Intermittate Wiper Module

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Eric78K5, May 2, 2000.

1. Eric78K5

Eric78K5 1/2 ton status

Hey guys!
    Just sort of an update...today I ordered the module w/harness from Year One. The cost was 44.95, plus shipping. It should be here in 2 weeks the guy said. Year One has just started a catalog for Chevy trucks. I'll fill ya'll in when it gets here.

2. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

for those handy with a soldering iron I can supply parts list and schematic for intermittant wipers. Cost of parts around 3.00

<font color=green>[​IMG]Eagle86K5[​IMG]

3. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

send me the plans, Please, I am good with a soldering iron and love to tinker on electronics and wiring under the dash in my spare time... DID I SAY SPARE? LOL

<font color=red>mudfanatic</font color=red>[​IMG]

4. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Be more than happy to Dan, just got new 19.2k resolution scanner and going nuts looking for things to scan....is tomorrow to late??? [​IMG]

Actually I have a growing set of Electronic Circuit Encyclopedia's, about 900 pages in each of the 5 volumes I have so far. And in each is an extensive library of automotive circuits...so if you ever need something...just ask...

5. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

Ohhh NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW you come out with this info. Where were you last week BEFORE I spent $44.95 on the control module? [​IMG]

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

6. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Eagle,

Count me in for them plans too. I was about to spend the $45 beans to get them things. I'm getting better with electric stuff. I got a soldering machine and I'm decent with it.
    Boss

7. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Hey Eagle86K5,
    sounds like a good one for CK5 to put in the tech artical section??
    For now if you could post it or email me the goods that would be Awsome!!

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG]

8. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Timing...got to remember timing...count the cards...count the cards...Judge Wapner....Kmart.....

9. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Eagle:

I really don't know if the newer Blazers did this, but I've always wanted my hazard lights to keep blinking even if I'm pressing the break pedal. Since you're an electronics expert, maybe you can come up with a schematic for fixing that as well. I'm no expert, but I'm good at following instructions.

What do you know, maybe you could even patent it and I could get someone to manufacture it here in my country(cheap)[​IMG].

<font color=black>//////
    What the heck!...Drive it like gas is $0.50/gal!!!
    </font color=black>[​IMG]

10. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

I got a lodge meeting to go to this evening, upon my return I will scan in the wiper schematics, I have several, from basic beginner to advanced, I will include all of them...plus I have many others to share, interior light delay...headlight delay, auto headlight dimmer, alarms, immobilizers, graph style battery meters...plus many many more...see ya'll later.

11. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

Eagle86, You got all those schematics, but not one that shows what voltages are suppose to be at the oil pressure gauge? I'm still waiting on my new mechanical gauge, it was you who was going to put some in and we were talking about the stock location, right?

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

12. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Well...sorry Brother, nobody asked me to find out that kind of info, but it would be easy. get a digital volt/ohm meter place the black lead to ground, red lead on the wire from the sending unit. Turn key on, record voltage, start engine, record voltage. He he...my guess is that it will be between 12 volts and zero!

Order the parts catalog from <font color=blue>http://www.paceparts.com<font color=black> In it there is all the factory mechanical guages in black and white with a little red bow tie in the middle made to go right in the dash in place of the electric ones.

13. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Here is three versions of wiper delay and slow sweep circuits, I have more...[​IMG]

14. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

the third one...

Keep in mind the block diagram on how this works, 12 vdc is sent from accessories to the switch, then to the module if you already have wiper control then to the motor.you want to add any of these circuits between the switch and the motor, any questions just ask.

15. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

Hmmm,,, I must have been talking to someone else about that. I did take voltage measurement on mine,, but my gauge doesn't work right,, it just pegs out to the right. When I turn the key "on",, the gauge zero's like it's suppose to, but when started, it pegs out. I just dont' now what the voltages are SUPPOSE to be. Also, while reading voltages, and increasing rmp to increase oil pressure, I get no change in voltage,, so something is messed up. No biggie,, I got my mechanical gauge on it's way.

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

16. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Hey Thanks for the scematics Eagle86K5 [​IMG]
    this should keep me from moving the switch to and from the on position!![​IMG]

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG]

17. Eric78K5

Eric78K5 1/2 ton status

Eagle,
    Thanks for all the info! This should give me something to do this weekend!

18. Eric78K5

Eric78K5 1/2 ton status

Just an update for everyone. My switch arrived from Year One today. It came in an AC Delco box, and plugged right into the switch. It works great!

19. Blaze81

Blaze81 Registered Member

Hey guys, I don't want to make anyone feel bad but I went to the junkyard the other dayand spent $8 on switch and electronic delay module. Came home swapped them out and voila! Intermittent wiper...for merely $8 bucks.

Tuck