Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Internal Beadlocks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by broc944, Oct 7, 2006.

1. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

Next week I have decided I will be ordering a set of Staun internal bead locks. I am going with a bigger tire, and am getting new rims to accommodate them. I figured now is the time to do it.

I like the idea of both beads being locked. No locking ring to trap mud on the rim. Price is going to be a bit cheaper then if I went with Trail Ready rims.

Only bad side I can think of is, I have read they are difficult to install. They will not have the bead lock look, not really a concern to me. Except for the 4X4 crowd most people would not know the difference from a bead lock and a street lock, and would not know what it was for anyway.

So if you have any input on my decision I would like to hear it. I might of not read or thought of something that I might later regret (like that has happened before.:D ).

2. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

I'd like to know how well those work out for you. I was thinking about getting them in the future

3. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

I talked to the Staun guy at the OFFROAD EXPO today, he said he recomends having a tire shop install them. gives instructions on how to do it. should cost about 50 bucks a tire. he said its best to not have the toung of a tire machine not go past the stem of the unit. should start a couple of inches and end a couple of inches away from it. dont pass the tool past the stem. thats where dammage can occure. not that it deffenantly WILL dammage it but it can. so the tire "guy" must know this info.

my bud bought a set today too. 16 X 10 wheels for 141 each.