Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Internal NP-203 range box ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tarussell, Nov 27, 2003.

1. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

For those of Ya'll that have gone into the inside of your 203 range box's what did your rear bearing support/retainer look like ?
    Mine is aluminium ( just like all that I have seen ) but it has slots in variuos locations around the whole thing with ribs connecting the center support for the bearing retainer.
    The picture that I saw of a late 70's TH400 version of a 203 had a solid aluminium retainer ( mine is from a late 70's TH350/203 version ) .
    My question is this - is this a 3/4 Ton thing or just a normal production change ? I am building my range box and I want to put the better parts that were available in it and avoid any weaker parts .
    Thanks for any help in advance ! Tom

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

That piece is not used if your doing a doubler. The bearing support for the ORD doubler is in the adapter. Others, like John's IIRC, depend on the 205 input bearing to support the intermediate shaft. But the differences are just a year model thing as far as I know...

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

some are hex head bolts and some are torx head bolts, it depends on year, they kinda changed a little, i have at least one case from every style laying around here soemwhere

4. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

I wasn't sure if the ORD adapter used the factory bearing support or not( I have not purchased it yet ) - that answers my concern . Thanks !
    Tom

5. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Others, like John's IIRC,

[/ QUOTE ]

Others? What others? Maybe another that makes a Gen1 type doubler? Just curious!
    Mike