Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

International information, axles, tcase

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Sep 11, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm wondering what Axles and such would be under a 1210 International 3/4ton.

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Binder Bulletin
    Old IHC trucks
    You should be able to get the best answers to your question at one of those two sites /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

thanks. There is a nice old 1210 AWD 4 speed with a 392 in the local junkyard for $500, I want to buy it but it would just sit in my backyard. It would be a shame but it would be an even bigger shame to see it get crushed or simply parted to shreds. And i would steal teh front axle for my K5 since it seems to be a Dana 44 as best I have found.

4. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Seems like Scout freaks consider the 392's the Holy Grail of engines. Might mention it if you go over to the IH bbs'. Better it be parted out and the parts used on other rigs than the whole thing get recycled.

Check that steering box too, I think they are the same parts as the 4wd GM box.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I want to get the front axle, its a Dana 44, and the rear is a Dana 60. I wish I could afford it right now to get teh whole thing. I have a Scout II that would be perfect to put the 2 together and make a nice rock rig. Darn the luck money is tight right now though.