Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

internet problem...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Aug 16, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

well I started up my computer this morning to go onto ck5, and when I get on it says "Internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconnevience" in a new window...
    Then it gives me 2 options, to send an error report, or dont send one.
    This has happened to me before, but after the error report is done, the internet closes.
    This time it doesn't close. I've been on here for about 10 minutes and its happened about 7 or 8 times... after I close the error report thing, nothing happenes... and I can still use the internet... its reallly weird, what could be causing this? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

That microshit for ya

If your really worried about it, do the usual, cleaning/defrag bit /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

So theres something wrong with mircosoft?
    I will do the degfrag cleanup in a bit...

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

do a windows update and restart the machine /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

okay I will do that too... I have to so now is the time....

Thanks and I will update you guys tonight if it still does it or not!...
    thakns!

6. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You guys have'nt seen problems until you see the NMCI(navy and MarineCorps intranet). It will be the second largest net setup compared the internet when it is fully operational and let me tell you it is the biggest cluster F#@$ you have ever seen. I think it is the biggest waist of taxpayers money know to man!!!

7. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Buy a boat for your newly acquired anchor. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

If nothing else works this will...
    C:\format C:

or

C:\fdisk (delete your partition)

Then reinstall windows.. it should be fixed.. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    well I started up my computer this morning to go onto ck5, and when I get on it says "Internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconnevience" in a new window...
    Then it gives me 2 options, to send an error report, or dont send one.
    This has happened to me before, but after the error report is done, the internet closes.
    This time it doesn't close. I've been on here for about 10 minutes and its happened about 7 or 8 times... after I close the error report thing, nothing happenes... and I can still use the internet... its reallly weird, what could be causing this? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Your problem is that you're useing Internet Destroyer. I use Netscape 7.1 and haven't had a problem with it. I don't like IE. Nutscrape is much more user friendly in my honest opinion. nutscape 7.1 browser free download

9. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You guys have'nt seen problems until you see the NMCI(navy and MarineCorps intranet). It will be the second largest net setup compared the internet when it is fully operational and let me tell you it is the biggest cluster F#@$ you have ever seen. I think it is the biggest waist of taxpayers money know to man!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I was a contractor on that project for 3 months last year and you're totally right, it's the biggest clusterf*ck EVER! Me and 3 other people basically sat in a room for 3 months and did virtually nothing because we had absolutely no guidance from above. I was a contractor for a contractor for a contractor that had the government contract, so you do the math. Figure that each contractor tacks on 30% (a low estimate) to the bill and passes it back to the government, I was making $25/hr so in the end the feds were paying at least $58 an hour for me to sit there for 3 months.

I finally got fed up and walked out one day. The only good part was that the office was on a golf course in an old pro shop so I spent at least 2-3 hours a day at the range. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Steve, they're probably rebooting the internet, they do it every few days so they can run backups. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

10. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Steve, they're probably rebooting the internet, they do it every few days so they can run backups. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

11. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

go to your add remove programs and click to remove IE it will open a box with like 3 choices in it chose to have it fix or repair itself /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Download Adaware build 181 or newer, update the defs, scan the machine, remove everything it finds, repeat process. Do this until it finds 0 items.

I suspect you have a BHO crashing or causing IE to crash, and because it's hooked through IE, it's crashing IE.

13. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Firefox Steve, Firefox

14. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

ah its getting annoying...
    I will try to repair it through add or remove programs like mudhog said...
    RJ, whats firefox...

15. Resurrection_Joe

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

17. Resurrection_Joe

Firefox is such a cool name though!

18. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

yeah if ya like clint eastwood and cheesy acting, circa what 1981?? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

19. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

so far, it hasn't done it anymore... must of just been some wierd short problem...
    happy at last...