Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Interview Tommorow

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by daleearnhardt01, Mar 15, 2004.

1. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Well got an interview at Autozone tommorow. Ive never really had a formal interview before, my current employers have known me forever so I just started working when I was of age. Any pointers before I go? Wish me luck, I need this job while Im here at school...

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

look them in the eye, smile, if you do not understand the question, BY ALL MEANS ask them to repeat or rephrase it, don't try to guess what they are asking. Also, dress nicely even though it's an autoparts joint.

Before leaving, let them know that your are honest, loyal and will "contribute" positively to the team there.

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

If you want the job truly, act as excited as you are, I would be. "OH MAN YEAH! AUTOZONE! WHEEEE!"

4. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

Working at Autozone sucks! I worked at one in N.C. for about a year, the interview is real easy. They will mention a system or part of a car and ask you for a basic explanation of what it's function is or what it's related to. Example question: Can you name 3 componants of the cooling system? They will also ask you situational questions. Like what would you do if you get an irate customer? Just say you would go get a manager. That is what they want you to say. Even though most of us here would tell them to STFU!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    I f you get annoyed with all the "Will 33's fit on my stock K5?" question on this board , wait until you hear the stupid crap people come up with when your working behind the counter. The phone calls are the worst.
    Here is a tidbit of Autozone lingo for you; WITTDTJR-What It Takes To Do The Job Right prounounced- Wittijer. That is when you go buy brake pads and they try to sell you brake fluid, brake cleaner, anti-squeek, shop towels,hand cleaner, tools,ETC,ETC.

Anyway good luck with your interview. You shouldn't have a problem.
    Watch out for the cashier ho's. I know you have all seen them. The fat 20 year old white chick with the pack of Marlboros in her front shirt pocket who flirts with all the dirty old men who come in to buy parts.YUMMY /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

5. daleearnhardt01

Haha it was just like you said...Name three parts of the cooling system, name three parts of the brake system....haha

Ill find out in a 2 weeks.... /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

6. daleearnhardt01

Alright so I start this Friday....Any pointers from you fellow Autozoners.....ie Tim even though you dont work there anymore....

7. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Be prepared to deal will some real idiots. I work at Napa and I am continually amazed at how ignorant people are when it comes to automobile repair.

I love it when a guy comes in and is like " I need 2 #1060 oil filters, a #3551 fuel filter, and a cap and rotor for an 85 small block chevy". Then there are the people that want you to tell them why their tranny is slipping and how they can fix it...and it is real fun when the cop an attitude with you b/c you suggest they take it to a tranny shop... /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

Chris