Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Intresting fact.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

2. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

Got news for you, Denman makes all our off road tires with the exception of a few of the big names. I could never understand when someone would say Dick Cepeks wear faster than M/T or Swampers ... they're all made with the same compounds. Swamper, Cepeck (before Bankrupcy), Mickey T. and all the rest own the rights to the tread patterns and molds, Denman does the manufacturing.

Eric M.

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

It's interco's design, but denmen produces them... thats what I got out of it.

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

just look at the original swamper and then a buckshot and a monster mudder. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I didn't know this before, kinda got a kick out of it with all the Swampers vers Hawgs arguements from a certin person.

7. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Well they are a different tire, no matter who makes them. Hey Ford makes Diesel Superduties and Mustangs, must run the same 1/4 right?

I 'd run hawgs if they were cheaper softer and a different tread pattern

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Well they are a different tire, no matter who makes them. Hey Ford makes Diesel Superduties and Mustangs, must run the same 1/4 right?

I 'd run hawgs if they were cheaper softer and a different tread pattern

[/ QUOTE ]I do run Hawgs because of harder compound (lasts along time with street use), awesome tread pattern, but wish they were cheaper.

9. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

So, are you saying that my swampers are as good as my hawgs? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Actually, I leave both sets in the garage now. I've been thinking outside of the box lately and runnin' my Generals /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

once u get to slide 75 they show the swampers. most of the model rigs are pavement warriors.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    So, are you saying that my swampers are as good as my hawgs? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Actually, I leave both sets in the garage now. I've been thinking outside of the box lately and runnin' my Generals /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]In the arguement, I never tried too claim one was better then the other, but the other guy puts Hawgs down every time even though he freely admits he's never had them.

12. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I don't care who manufactures swampers...the bottom line is that the ground hawg isn't near as good as the swampers on the rocks and can't touch the bogger in the mud. On the street is a different story....I don't know about the radial hawgs but the bias hawgs are like boulders on the street, they ride terrible from what I've heard. Last forever though.
    Not to mention that the hawg is butt ugly IMHO, the bogger is much sexier. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. ugly_blazer

My 38.5 hawgs ride a lot better than my 36 tsl sx's, both sets are new. And yes, you're right, the bogger is sexier /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

14. ugly_blazer

I am just being sarcastic with you, I was actually on your side in the swamper/hawg debate. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I agree that Boggers look good, but you're high if you think Hawg's are ugly. I know a few people playin' in the rocks with Hawg's and they seam to do okay. I'm one of those people who can't afford both on road and off road tires, so the Hawg's are the best choice for me. I prefer mud to rocks, like trails, but also drive on the streets. I needed a tire that will last.

16. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif IROKS /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif IROKS /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]It'll be intresting too see how well the hold up after a few years. By then I might even be able too afford some, but I'm not holding my breath. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

18. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Goodyears! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

seriously though /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    Goodyears /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

19. ugly_blazer

[ QUOTE ]
    Goodyears! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

seriously though /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    Goodyears /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I like my Generals (35's), $440 brand new from ebay /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

20. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

36in bias ply iroks 163 a pc. i got 10% off that day so i got new tires and wheels for like 700 bux at 4wp