Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Introducing 2009 Chevy Full size GMC Jimmy/K5 Blazer

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TexasBlazerBoy, Feb 14, 2007.

1. TexasBlazerBoy

TexasBlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Gotcha.:D JUST KEEP READING

No really, what would happen if everyone on CK5 and all other K5 boards sent an email to GMC requesting them to start reproducing the K5 Blazer/GMC Jimmy.

We could all pick a day and freakin bombard them with emails stating what we want, or do it several days in a row.

It is just an idea.:laugh:

They are doing it with other vehicles, why not the Blazer/Jimmy. (Minus all the Global warming stuff)

I am fully prepared for all the "STFU nOOb" bashing that is going to happen after i submit this, but just think about the idea of it. Pretty interesting.

Also, I have ran spell check, so all of you F*****G GRAMMER NAZIS, are ya happy now:haha:.

SFA
    Manual TC
    Removable top
    I'm sure other could come up with more(jekbrown already has)

Try to keep it some what SIMPLE, we would not want to overload GMC with to many requirements

This is the man we have to get to:

Robert "Bob" A. Lutz, Vice President of Product Devlopment for GM(2002-present).

Here is a little background info

He was born in Zurich, Switzerland 02-12-32
    1954-1959 USMC Aviator
    Graduated from University of California at Berleley, 1961
    He has a Weblog this is the link http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

sounds like a plan... you should make up a form letter, post it... and then give us a date to send it in. Whatever you do, make sure SOLID FRONT AXLE is listed somewhere (preferably multiple places) in the form letter you come up with. The new one from AAM that they put in the dodge power wagon would be perfect....

j

3. TexasBlazerBoy

Are you being serious?

I guess I could give it a try and see how everyone reacts.:rolleyes:

4. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

I don't feel like hunting the thread down but someone already posted up (several times) pics and an article about a concept vehicle they came up with that was just like a new tahoe with a remove top just like our K5's, but it looked terrible... and good luck with gm ever putting a straight axle in anything. I don't understand why they don't make a truck for real 4x4 enthusist (sp.).

5. jekbrown

i was serious... why not? There are thousands of members here on ck5 and on other chevy truck forums. If everyone sent in an email asking for a solid axle, removable top, new K5... who knows. :dunno: If there was a form letter, it wouldn't require hardly any work on the part of the masses... just put out own name/info on it and email it off. A ground-swell of public support has got concepts built before...

j

6. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

I sat here for 30 minutes and started 4 different lists of things I wanted but I can't decide what's practical... I mean I want an 8.1L or dmax (since we can't have a cummins), 1 ton, straight axle, waterproof interior, with marine sound system, Allison tranny, stock clearance for atleast 35's, floor shifted TC (no push button crap), On board air, not sure on suspension cost over comfort, I would like it to be full convertible, power everything, every type of gauge available (no focking dummy lights), there's a million things that I would want if I was going to spend that kind of money on a vehicle that I don't think they'd ever consider actually using.

7. AKAeric

AKAeric Newbie

I don't think we'll ever see another production vehicle with a removable top, let alone a full removable top. Federal regulations are just too strict these days.

That said, I would love to see it done. :D

8. TexasBlazerBoy

Strength in numbers brothers, strength in numbers....

9. TexasBlazerBoy

I am not arguing the point, but (I shall not dare say the dreaded name) but there are other manufactures that install roll bars and have full convertible rigs.:wink1:

10. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

It don't matter how many of us say we want one , its how many of us will actually pay/finance one . Not enough .

11. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

X's 2

12. TexasBlazerBoy

Points taken, but it never hurts to try, especially with the amount of people interested in the idea.

How many users/members on CK5, Iread on here the other day it was up to 37,000. I know not all are still around but that ain't to bad, especially if we could get everyone on the same page....:D

13. burban89

burban89 1/2 ton status

Point. I would love to see a new K5, but I dont have 40k-50k to just go out and buy one.

14. jekbrown

pretty much any engine that chevy currently uses would be better than anything K5s had back in the day. So long as it has FI (is there a car made today that doesn't?), I don't really care whats under the hood. There have been spy photos of a 6 cylinder Duramax.... that would be a good option. 400 lb/ft and smaller/lighter than the big 8.

1-ton means a lot of things... 1-ton frame for one thing. Since the K5 was never really designed to haul heavy loads or tow a lot, I don't think a new one needs an uber-beefy frame or hella stiff springs. 1 ton axles would be nice though.

the biggest key of all. Frankly, its the one "make or break" feature of any new K5 in my book. AAM even makes a good one, if they don't want to go the Dana route.

nifty I guess, but I wouldn't count on either. Any interior can be weatherized. If the stock seats were water resistant I'd be happy...

I'd rather not $pend eleventy-billion dollars when I have to rebuild my trans... a big allison is only needed if you have a Duramax.

I've always thought it would be the bomb if a rig had wheel wells that were formed by factory plastic flares... which if you un-bolted them and took them off would allow for huge tires (40" or so) without cutting. If you just wanted to keep it stock, you could leave the plastic fender things on there for the life of the rig... if you wanted to wheel, you could ditch them. It'd be cool if they were shaped similarly to a 1st gen also... best looking wheel wells ever.

yeppers... is the t-case they use in Hummers manually shifted? could be an off-the-shelf option.

keep dreamin', lol!

don't bother here... rest assured they would make the suspension super-street-friendly. Thats ok, it could be easily moded assuming it isn't some IFS POS.

meh, I'd rather have a half cab.

ummm...what? this is supposed to be a wheeler... not a Hummer H3. Leave that its-just-gonna-break power BS for mall crawlers and keep trail rigs good 'n' simple like they should be.

Oil pressure, water temp, fuel, speedo, trans temp is about all I need. No need to go Fast and the Furious on us and install a 6" tach or anything. :rolleyes:

j

15. TexasBlazerBoy

I have edited my first post check it out

16. jekbrown

ok... now you need to build a form letter, get this guys email address, spread the word to other K5-friendly sites, get posts like this to be "stickies" so lots of people see them, and then set a date of action. :thumb:

j

17. BoondocK5

BoondocK5 1 ton status Author

I know some of you guys have seen this before, and really don't care for it's lines. But I have spent many a long night wondering about this body style and if it could be done. I have some really cool Ideas IMHO. I'll try to post tonight after work, and before homework. anyway, here is the picture, can someone 'chop it and put 40 in boggers underneath it just so we can see what it will look like?
    [​IMG]

18. TexasBlazerBoy

Not exactly what I had pictured, but I guess I won't ever see the "Original Body Lines" again.:doah:

What the heck is that?

The front end isn't to bad(looks wise), but the rear end needs some work.

19. jekbrown

lets face it... GM isn't going to build anything that is far from what they have. Someone who has mad photoshop-chop skills should take a pic of a 2007 GMC fullsize truck and just add a removable top and solid front end. The Dodge Power Wagon is pretty much identical to a standard 3/4 ton dodge truck... just has some cooler parts. Thats what we should be asking for, because frankly, its all we can possibly get even if everything breaks "our way".

j

20. BoondocK5

BoondocK5 1 ton status Author

I wonder if anybody has ever updated the old style, similar to what the concept cuda did. take the old lines and kinda clean em up a bit and modernize them, while still retaining the old school look?