Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Introduction, and a few ?'s

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by moe., Jul 21, 2000.

1. moe.

moe. Registered Member

Introduction, and a few ?\'s

Hey everybody, just like to say hello, my names Brian, I'm 21, from CT and its nice to find this website.. I've got a '75 Blazer (full time 4 wheel) with a fully removable top. Its got a 350/TH350, and I dont have any idea how many miles its got. I've got some pics of it, but they arent on my webpage (yet).
    Ok, I've got 33" tires on my truck, and its at the stock height, or what used to be the stock height. The back end of it is sorta saggy, I'm guessing the springs are just tired. Ok, question number 1, I'm considering a lift kit of about 2-4" and I was wondering what kit anyone might recommend, and if this will have any bad rammifications on U-joints wearing out quickly or anything. Forgive me since these are 'newbie' questions, but I'm a beginner with trucks. Also another question, I have this sqeaking sound coming from the front end whenever I take a corner, only when I'm on the gas, it stops when I'm just coasting. What is this sound, and how can I get rid of it?
    Thanks alot guys!

'75 Blazer blue/white
    350/350

87 Turbo Regal
    a few bolt-ons
    12.69@107.7

2. 79Guy

79Guy 1/2 ton status

Re: Introduction, and a few ?\'s

Just wanted to say welcome. I'm a newbie too, so can't offer many answers. However if there is an answer anywhere, I'm sure the guys here know it. These folks are great and have been a big help.

Welcome aboard and enjoy it.

79 Guy

Owner of Two Great 4WD
    - '79 Blazer
    - '99 ML320

3. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Are you planning on getting bigger tires in the future? If not you should think about a 2" lift and get all new lifted springs. It will allow for better articulation with the 33's and not streess the driveline bad. IF you have big plans for the future what ever you do dont get lift blocks, go springs or a shackle flip. As for the squeeking sound, could it be a power steering belt? or does it sound more like its coming from the suspension..if its the suspension it could be the bearings or somthing like that

4. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

rough country 4" lift is a nice product, if you call them, you can talk them down to about 290$ for new front springs, shocks, arm, and rear blocks. mine has that setup, and rides as smooth as a caddie. check your front brake pads for the sqeaking noise.
    Kelboski

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Squeak sounds like a dry U-Joint on the front axle. Better get it serviced. If I'm right and it comes apart it has the potential of ripping the ball joints out and off would come the wheel. I'm running a short lift for articulation with stock 86 rear springs and Rancho 2.5 fronts. truck sits dead level and will pull a 752 on a 25 deg ramp being limited by the shocks on the front.
    Welcome aboard! click on the link under my sig to see my 75.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

6. Kcze9159

Kcze9159 Registered Member

Well, I'm a new guy here too, Brian here letme know when He found this site. I already posted but I need someone to help me find a solid 1980 or earlier blazer, AT cause I dont have one right now :( My Father has had them while I was growing up so I want one of the older ones like that now. Currently I have an 87 Suburban I drive, and its close, but not quite the same. Thanks guys, and comeon brian, dont bother with a lift kit, just get some nice new slightly stiffer springs. :)

7. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the wonderfull world of K5's Brian. My preference is a 4" lift. I have awesome flex out of my 4" Rancho soft ride rear springs and not very good flex from my Superlift HD 4" front springs. Also I don't like Rancho shocks, the 4" and 6" lift shocks are exactly the same. The Rancho shocks don't allow for enough travel. Keep it as low as possible and cut the sheetmetal is my motto! You can check out my rig at the link below.
    As for you squeeking it's hard to say without actually listening to it.

David 75K5

[​IMG] http://www.goldrush.coloradok5.com