Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

introduction

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jimmyjack, May 15, 2000.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Hello everyone,
    My name is Jim Edwards, I've been looking around here for a few days and really like what i see. I own an '83 blazer. I bought it from a friends dad about 7 years ago. He got it from a Sheriffs dept Search and Rescue auction. The first year i spent replacing about everything on this horrible machine and its all starting to come around again so i'll be here ALOT. No complaints though, its been a great truck. I've done just about everything myself except for the tranny rebuild, i refuse to go there, but I did the motor, the transfer case, a few steering boxes, two complete total brake jobs . Saved some serious money there. Midas wanted 1200 bucks, I spent 200 and that included the beer, and i still think the "magic button" on the brake splitter is a running joke among brake mechanics. Anyway, like i said, things are falling apart again so I'll be hanging out here plenty. You all sound like a great group who know what the hells going on. Feel free to drop an e mail.

Jim

CREEPIN AND CRAWLIN

2. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Let me welcome you too the club dude . Is'nt this the geatest place . I have really enjoyed it and all the great resources these guys have to offer .

3. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Welcome Jimmy like 6.2man said this has got to be the greatest place on the Internet I spend most of the day dropping by and posting and answering when I know what to do, all you have to do is ask talk to you later.

LOVE MY GREEN GIANT!!!

4. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Welcome aboard. Most have websites with lots of info too. Make sure you check them.

<font color=black>//////
    What the heck!...Drive it like gas is $0.50/gal!!!
    </font color=black>[​IMG]