Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Introduction....

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by Bob87Burb, Apr 19, 2003.

1. Bob87Burb

Bob87Burb 1/2 ton status

Hey all, new to this site, and four wheeling also. I bought a 1987 Suburban last August, and I'm slowly restoring/modifying it. I'm not really planning on any heavy duty wheeling, just having a little fun with it. I'm from RI. Any other RI'ers here?

2. VirginiaBulldog

VirginiaBulldog Registered Member

welcome to the site. I went to RI once, to the beach, kinda cool that they gave you a trash bag when you paid to park.

3. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Hello and welcome to the site well if you were looking for the best place to find information on k5 and sub you got it
    Hmm RI well I better keep looking for that tow rig
    /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. Bob87Burb

Bob87Burb 1/2 ton status

You gotta love those free trash bags! As far as I know, there is only one beach that allows vehicles here, it's in Charlestown, RI, and there is a great state campground near it, so that should satisfy some of the t-case urges during the summer months. I'm still looking for a good spot for other wheeling, but it seems like there are none. Time to buddy up with a local farmer. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

welcome /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif .... so you say you don't want to get too involved with your truck? be careful this is such a cool site and you just bought the best rig /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. that you might find youself, like most others, spending all kinds of time on here. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif thats not a bad thing though...

i'am from nh, but there are a few really nice guys and gals from mass on here too. not sure if there are any from ri. i'am sure that at least a few times this summer we'll get together and do something...

6. Bob87Burb

Bob87Burb 1/2 ton status

Well, things will most likely change with the Burb. I bought a set of zero rates today and I was checking out all the other cool Burbs on here. I can see my wallet getting thinner soon. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

NH and MA are not far at all! I'm game for anything, camping included would be good, but the truck is stock for now, except for the 2" lift and zero rate I am putting in soon. It has 32" tires too, but they are a really wimpy tread and would probably not get me anywhere.

7. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    the truck is stock for now, except for the 2" lift

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's nice to know I'm not the only one. I don't even have a lift yet. Bought it and it needed a head gasket rebuild. I've done some work on it(shocks, interior,current u-joint probs.), but for $1,700 I wouldn't trade it for nothing! I am on limited funds right now, so it's going to be a slow process(funding at the social service agency I work for was cut dramatically)
    I am a newbie to wrenching and the 4x4/K5 life, bit I am now addicted. Check out my website pics in my profile. There are pics from our first East coast meet and greet. There weren't as many east coast folks on here as there are now, but as Pilgrim said(HI PILGRIM!) we met some very kewl folks.
    On another post I found out that Greg72(one of our moderators) is driving from Cali to New Hampshah(trying to get that accent in there/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif) He is going to be there for a month so I'm going to try to throw another meet and greet/camping? together.
    We had discussed some ideas at our last get together. I will pm some of the folks to see what they think some good places to go would be(or just reply on here) Not much in Mass., but I hear N.H/Maine and VT might offer some better spots. Ideas anyone?