Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Introductions & Greetings

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CK5, Sep 22, 2005.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Welcome to CK5, stop in and say hello, this is a great place to make your first post and tell us a little about yourself/truck. :D

Healthy Beats likes this.
  2. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Does being a really new "member" member count? If so here goes. My names Cole, I live in Great Falls MT. Im a senior in high school and really digging the K series. I really enjoy learning and then doing stuff on my truck. I own a K10 almost stock, except for the 4 inch TC lift and newer 350. I am currently rebuilding a 454 that might get dropped in later down the line. Running the sm465, 208, and stock 10 bolts front and back. 3.08 gears, yuck. umm, looking for new tires and all that but i cant go all out as this is still my DD. I plan to keep this truck for a long time and completly set it up for the trails. CK5 is definatly the best site I have came across and this is a huge addiction!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/MTChevy/Picture001.jpg

P.S. All you non members, I just want to say that this is the best 25 bux ive payed for anything in a loooong time. Not only can you access more forums, awesome pictures, but you meet new friends. There is always someone willing to help. That to me is worth 25 dollars. Well, thats all, how about everyone else? :D

3. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

hello my name is ty im from nepa go to lccc for ciso networking (in 2nd semester, dont have a k5 yet(looking to purchase one cheap($500-$1500) in my area) but do have a 93 s10 blazer for a dd and have a 86 k20 in the works as my first car/truck related project ever with other plans for the future

so far its got a plain skyjacker 8in lift as soon as funds roll in i plan on purchasing a ORD steering box brace, ORD 2in shackle flip for the rear to remove the blocks but as of right now its late and cant think of anything els to put here :laugh:

4. MS-Mud

MS-Mud Newbie

Hello

Hi everyone my name is Gabe and I am currently living in Starkville MS where I am finally about to get my undergrad degree in Agronomy. I drive a 1983 chevy 1/2 ton truck. I've had my truck for about 2 years now and it is just now starting to become a capable wheeler. When I first purchased the truck it already had a pro-comp 6 inch leaf spring lift with 38 inch gumbo mudders on it since then I have added a 14 bolt with 4.56 gears and a lincoln locker in the rear and a 3/4 ton dana 44 with4.56 gears and lincoln locker in the front. The town I live in is real small so I still drive it every day when I am not working on it. Right now I am upgrading the steering I just ordered a hydraulic assist steering set up to go along with rock proof tie rod and drag link I installed A year ago. When I switched axles I had to get new rims so right now I am currently running chrome mods with 36 inch tsl/sx's I got them from a friend of mine here locally. I still have many things I would love to do to my truck and what better place to get ideas and learn then coloradok5 forum. I hope to learn alot and hopefully see some of you guys out on the trail some day. Thanks Gabe!

5. gman454

gman454 Registered Member

Hello my name is Rick I live in Connecticut I have a 1980 chevy K10 pickup with a 454 bored 60 over 350 hydro trans, a np205 transfer case, 6 inch suspension lift and 3 inch body with 39.5 tsl's. still running the half ton axles but just bought a 75 K20 POS for the D44 front and 14ff rear.

6. pentatruck

pentatruck Newbie

hello all just got an 85 6.2 na suburban

Hey just got (for free) :D a 85 diesel suburban a month back got it up and running. now will be needing all of you ck5'ers to help me keep that way.
    I have apreciateed all the help so far from the forums. :bow:

7. LIVRAT

LIVRAT Newbie

Hello all.. Mark here from Tukwila Washington.. certified Rat addict in anything chevy.. espically a 72 K5... Have had numerous Blazers over the years and currently keeping an eye out for a solid 69- 72 K5 to build..

8. buger

buger Newbie

Hello my name is Iztok, I'm from Slovenija - Europe, I'm a maritime police officer. I don't own a Chevy, I own a Nissan Patrol 3,3 Turbo diesel with SOA, front reverse shackle, 36" tires and Warn M12000 winch. My dreams are to change my small original engine and axles with a genuine V8 diesel engine :cool1: and other parts from a CUCV truck.

9. JCox

JCox Newbie

Hello to all

Hello to all. John here from Walnut Cove, NC. Just looking for more wheelers to get up with.

10. jdrake19

jdrake19 Registered Member

I am new. I am Jake. I am 22. I am from Arkansas. I need a lift for my 88 K5.

I'm a Chevy (GM) 4 life type guy. This place has a lot of good info. Nice to meet yall!!!

[​IMG]

Lizarddog and monty260 like this.
  11. YukonGT

YukonGT Newbie

Newb

Hey guys...just joined the forum. I used to have and 85 K5, But then that crapped out on me, so i bought my dads 95' GMC Yukok GT. i have a 6" lift with 35's and some other doo-dads to. Hopefully you guys can be as helpful to me as other forums have been!,,,not sure if im really allowed here seeing as im not the years listed, but pretty similar

12. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Come along , your welcome here . There is even a section of this site devoted to IFS rigs like yours :D

13. K10-4x4

K10-4x4 Newbie

here i am

well i started out with a k-10 when i turned 16. drove it hard and ending up getting a mustang for christmas one year, well i totaled it about 3 months ago, hydroplaning into a tree, and no collision insurence puts me back in the k-10. its more or less stock. had a system in it but got stolen a while back. ive got Flowmaster Cat-Bat. looking to cut the cat soon, real old and im pretty sure its holding up air flow and sound. here are some pics of it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lizarddog likes this.
  14. Cord

Cord Newbie

Just found and joined the forum. The future wife (getting married in two months) and I have been looking for a play (3rd) vehicle for taking to the lakehouse and exploring. We decided on a 69-72 K5 Blazer tonight so I joined for the forum to read up on these vehicles and find out what I need to look for in a truck and get ideas on how I want to modify it.

Glad to be here and thanks for all the help.

15. blackbirdactual2000

blackbirdactual2000 Newbie

Hello!

I am a really new member, brand new as of today in fact. I found this site and knew that this was the place to be for my interests. I have a 1977 Blazer that needs alot of work and I am hoping that this is the place to go for possible knowledge of other members. I am fairly mechanically inclined, but I don't know the correct names of all the parts.
    Any way, that is my intro for now.
    P.S. can someone tell me how I would be able to post a pic of my rig on here?

16. dwaller

dwaller Newbie

an Orygun boy..

Hey,guys, Hows it goin? I guess I had better drop a note here. New to the site, and enjoying the info.

I have a 79 chevy short wide with a big block, th400, ford np205, 9 inch rear with a spool, and hp dana 44 front with a powerlock, yukon axleshafts, on ford radius arm front suspension. almost done with front suspension setup.

I run this mudrace, fer loggers...(*in my best Ray Stevens twang)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2005
  17. Rustam

Rustam Newbie

Hi!

Hi, Everyone!
    Greetings from Russia!

Hope, Life's treating you Ok.
    Sorry to see the gas prises go sky. As everyone, who loves adult engines...
    I mean anything of capacity over 3 litters....

Take care!

... Thinking of converting my old Jimmy to LNG fuel. Has anyone done it before?

18. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

welcome everyone! glad to see so many people signing up! if I can help with anything, let me know. :laugh:

19. BUICKAPOLLO

BUICKAPOLLO Newbie

I'm glad I found this forum!

My uncle and I are almost finished restoring a 73 Crew Cab C30 2WD dually w/ 454 TH400. It's a sweet looking truck that needed some major work. New wiring harness, floor pans, doors off a 91 Suburban (power!), Rancho RS9000's. Had a 79 front clip, changed it back to a 73. Almost done and just now trying to fix some small issues before she can be back on the road.

20. johnathan

johnathan 1/2 ton status

Blazers Rule!!!

Hey I'm new. I drive an 84 Blazer 350 700r4 208 14ff rear 10 front 4.10. Gotta lot more planned .This place is awesome.Just wanted to introduce myself. :D