Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Invested in Yota(the truck god)

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by BowtieBlazer, Sep 10, 2005.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Found a little extra cab toyota on e-bay and bought it as a new DD so I can finish the blazer project, my c-10 has turned into a project in itself and I need reliable transportation now. Its a 1992 4x4 extracab hilux pickup. 3.0Lv-6 5 spd. I really wanted a 22re for the mileage but beggers can't be choosers. I figure it should be a reliable yota engine anyone know much about these 3.0L's? this truck is fairly highmileage but seems to be well maintained. Any comments on that year model truck in general?

2. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Change the timing belt if it has over 100K on it. Otherwise, good reliable motors, good for 200K easily, if properly maintained.

3. 3rdshiftdesign

3rdshiftdesign 1/2 ton status

my neighbor has several toyotas sitting around the yard -- all have about 200k, they don't leak or burn oil -- only thing he does is put gas in and beat them. he'll let one sit for a year and drive it with no problems. pretty reliable trucks.

4. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

I have an 86 4runner that i scored for 500 bucks, and has about 185,000 on it. Here is a picture of it. It doesnt leak any fluid, but there is a pan under it from when i was changing out the radiator.. It is now my daily driver and allowing me to make my blazer more of a toy now..
    [​IMG]

Sweet score on the toyota, you will love the better gas mileage you get with it..

5. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Nice score especially if it was already painted like that....even if you painted it its a nice looking truck....I need it to get my blazer back on the road and then my blazer even with 35's to 37's outta make better mileage than the yota :eek1: