Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Invited to Play Football in Australia

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by k5 krawler 50, Jan 6, 2005.

1. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

Hi, my name is Cory Hartzell, I am seventeen years old and I was recently invited to finish my high school football career by competing in the Australian Down Under Bowl. I was chosen to compete in this event to represent the state of Nevada. Unfortunately, every player is required to come up with 3,600 dollars for the trip. I am posting this message in an effort to hopefully receive funds to help send me to this once-in-a-lifetime event. I decided to post this message on the ColoradoK5.com website because the members here are very helpful and supportive to one another, as I am a member myself. If you would like to donate any funds for my trip please send a check or money order to:

Cory Hartzell

P.O. Box 1738

Minden, NV 89423

Thanks for your support, I greatly appreciate everyone’s donation.

Cory Hartzell

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I'm totally not sending you money to go play a game, but seriously, good luck, if you enjoy it, I hope it works out for you

3. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i got the same invitation when i was in high school back in 2000. I thought it was a scam and opted not to do it. But, good for you. Good luck.

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I played in the Down Under Bowl in 2001 for Arizona. It was a GREAT time. It is TOTALLY worth EVERY penny to go down there. It is a long plane flight (16 hours from LAX) but it is well worth it.

If I had any extra cash available I would send it to you to help you on your way but as of right now I am dead broke. If it changes I will send what I can to help you get there. It is a great experience and a huge party.

Drinking age is 18, Australian women LOVE American men, its beautiful down there, its 70-80 degrees, and the hotel is a block away from the party places. (Novotel Hotel)

If you go visit Shooters, The Bourbon Bar, the Beer Garden, and the pub down the street from the hotel for me and drink lots of VB. Just don't get drunk totally wasted the day before practice or the day before a game, I learned that the hard way. Oh, and don't get drunk and get Tattoo's, we had alot of that happen.

Harley

P.S. If you use chew tobacco take your own case they don't have it there.

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Buy some parts off of me, then I will give you mony;)

Sorry dude, I don't have any money. How much do you have saved up? Good luck

6. k5 krawler 50

I have actually just started fund raising and should have around 100 dollars. I appreciate everyone's replies, thanks again.
    Cory

7. k5 krawler 50

Any amount of donations is fine, it doesnt have to be a lot of money, i just figured that there are like 18,000 members, and if about a 1/10 of the members here sent 2 bux each that would be like 3600, or if just sent 1 dollar, it is still helping out. I appreciate everyones help. Thanks.
    Cory

8. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I will be 100% broke on Monday. I hope you get to go, it sounds like a lot of fun! :D

9. k5 krawler 50

ok, i really need some help, i need to get some money for this trip fast, so does any one have any real good ideas for fundraising? thanks.

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Reality is there are ~1100 members here, of which maybe 1/3 might read your post. Of the 330 or so that might read your post maybe 20% might consider sending you money. Of those 66 people likely less than half will actually send anything.

Reality sucks, but my guess is you might have ~30 people send you something.

Rene

11. k5 krawler 50

thats cool, if any one sends anything that would be awesome, i just need some ideas to get some money fast to pay for the down payment. so ideas on how to get money would be helpful. thanks