Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Iowa Ck5ers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Drey, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Are there any others around on here, I was wondering where you guys go wheeling, I have found only one OHV area and its on the other side of the state from me. Im in Emmetsburg during the week and back in Early(near Storm Lake) on the weekends. Just wanna get together with someone else to wheel sometime. Wont be able till spring probably unless my buddy brings his Ram. My truck is down for the "winter project" /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I am an Iowan and I know there are four or five more Iowa members on here. As for where do we go wheeling, I think we all talk about where we would go if any of us had a truck that was all in one peice. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I think there is a new place down by Des Moines. Robzilla might be able to offer some info on that. I'm in Rock Rapids. Quite a few guys up here building rigs or driving them. Sure would be nice to get everybody together some time this coming spring or summer.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

There's some decent wheeling down by Mo. Valley. That's not all that far from you. Or if you get a week off, come up here to the Black Hills, we've got about every kind of wheeling you'd want.

4. cybrfire

That is what I want to do. Black Hills here I come. Gotta do it in the summer though. Get some PD's while i'm out there. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I'm in Clinton....on the Mississippi, about the farthest point away form you. I might be up for a meet around Des Moines somewhere in the spring. I know 8_YOUR_H2 is around Des Moines....he should know where the good spots are.

Hopefully I get all of the axle swap bugs worked out by then! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

I'm about 15 miles from you during the week /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif As cyber has stated my collection of parts (truck) is also in build mode. I'm hoping to be able to drive it late spring early summer 200? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

I am in Grinnell. Half way between DSM and IA City on I-80. There is a run in April that will either be at the Make It Or Break It grounds south on Knoxville or at the new area that opened up on the south side of Ft Dodge. My trail rig buidup is on the back burner untill my wife's Chemotherapy is done. I did get a cool tow rig the other day, though. Now all I need is a trailer and to get it done /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif (That and about 8 wks of free time.) So mine might be mobile by 20XX /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I will find out where the April event, "Howiepalooza" will be held. Guess I need to get the tow rig trail ready.

I have relatives in the Estherville area, I will try to give you NW IA guys a shout next time I venture up that way.

8. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

I'm from Le Mars, and there are some good places around Turin (Mapleton area). That would be great to get togeather........

Kert (Cyberfire), look for me a $300 D60 (Ha Ha, I wish!) I'm looking though, one with 4.56's would be great! Let me know of anything!

9. cybrfire

sounds like an Iowa get together is brewin' We should all shoot for July 4th weekend. Don't know if that is enough time for everybody to get there stuff together including myself but hey its a goal.

10. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

I am not from IA, but close enough I suppose....Something in the Central part would be nice. I would try and drag Beast388 and big_d along for the ride.

Hear that guys????

11. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

OK here is the deal. The absolute BEST place to wheel is MIOBI in Knoxville. It rocks. Rumor has it that its trails are better than attica. The only problem is it has a small rock garden and no sand dunes.

The pictures dont do justice but check out www.moibi.org and www.ci4wi.org .

There is also a wheeling event in Castana IA which is out your way. Its also known as 500 acres. Check out the pictures of it on CI4WI.com. We plan a trip to castana once a year. Again the pictures dont do justice because no one wants to get out and take the pics they are too busy wheeling!

My new trail rig will be done no later than the memorial day event. I hope to make it to Howiepalooza in april but that may be pushing it.

12. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I just checked and Castana is only 58 miles from you!

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

13. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Stomper where are you at?
    JWDuke have you seen a 02 Chevy HD on 285 BFG A/Ts and a Yahmaha Racing sticker in the back window around Lemars I go to school with that kid his names David Utesh, I dont think he wheels it though

14. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

I'm in Okoboji... I don't really have anything worth wheelin', but I'm ready to ride and wrench... Summertime is REALLY busy for me, but with advanced notice I could probably get a day off work.

15. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Address is Terril, but I live in the country. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

16. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Hey Bowtie...my Wheels right now is a 1986 Buick LeSabre... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif talk about some Wheelin fun...
    [​IMG]

17. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey Bowtie...my Wheels right now is a 1986 Buick LeSabre... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif talk about some Wheelin fun...
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

With the right motivation it could be. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Lol...today it rained like a biatch at work(Mallard) I was loading a train at the Coop well as i was drivin down to unhook a car my Cataletic converter gasket blew up and made a loud ass pop, then I about got stuck so its all covered in mudd down /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

JWDuke have you seen a 02 Chevy HD on 285 BFG A/Ts and a Yahmaha Racing sticker in the back window around Lemars I go to school with that kid his names David Utesh, I dont think he wheels it though

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this truck black? If so i've seen it.

20. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

no...pewter