Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

IPOD destroyed my hard drive

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by wraenking, Sep 27, 2004.

1. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

unless my hd just happened to die when ipod software asked to reboot. im so fing pissed. ive never had a pc problem i couldnt fix. i build them for myself and all my friends, so i know a lot about them.

im running xp professional, and after it goes through the boot up screen (little blue dash going across) it just reboots again. over and over. i removed all hardware to try to diagnose, but to no avail. somehow the ipod software corrupted my hard drive.

ill try to throw the xp cd in tomorrow to try to repair it, but i cant even boot into safe mode so who knows. i was so looking forward to running the beach tomorrow with a bunch of tunes at my disposal.

I HATE APPLE

(love the ipod, if it worked lol) /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Weird... I haven't had a problem with mine at all.

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I installed a sony DVD burner and it's software and it did that..Took me a while to figure it out. What it did for some reason it changed the order in which it booted up. I changed it back in cmos and it worked fine.It tried to boot the system form the new dvd burner. Not sure if that's your problem.

4. alec78

alec78 1/2 ton status

Installing software and rebooting is always a scarry thing as far as hard drives are concerned. Good Luck!

(sorry, Love Apple, Hate Windows)