Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ipod help

Discussion in 'Audio' started by hunterguy86, Dec 27, 2006.

1. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

I bought this adapter to hook my ipod to my pioneer premier P750MP.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7761692&st=ipod+pioneer+car&type=product&id=1142288271433

It works ok but to change songs you have to use the CD player. Is there a way to change songs with the IPod? The Ipod just shows connected.
    I thought about an FM transmitter instead but the ones I've heard sound like crap and give a lot of feedback.

Any help would be appriciated.

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

That's a pretty "low buck" adapter....it's not surprising that it's features are somewhat limited.

Still, it's WAY better than an FM modulator (which I use)....sound quality is poor and for some reason my BlackBerry will cause intermittent loud bursts of "modem sounding" noises through it....

I tried an integration kit about a year ago, but it never worked (at all). I should probably try a different brand, but it's not as important to me as it was when I was commuting 4 hours every day.

FWIW -> Most of the nice integration kits I've seen run in the $150 - $200 range....those seem to allow control from either device and will show song information on the stereo LCD as well.

3. hunterguy86

In my research I have found that there is no way to do it. So the quest is on for a new head unit with regular audio inputs.

4. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

All you need is a head unit with a headphone jack input right on the face, the you just get a wire connect to your ipod output jack and it works like a charm. I know the Sony xPlod ones we sell here at Summit all have the input jack. Try Sony part numbers CDX-GT100 or CDX-GT200. They both have the jacks.

5. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Your other option is to buy a hard wired FM modulator. They dont' sound perfect, but beats buying a new deck.

If not, look for a deck with aux inputs rather than an ipod control feature if you want to control it on theipod.

6. lak2004

lak2004 1/2 ton status

You can buy a piece that adapts the Pioneer IP-Bus input to a pair of RCA. They should carry them at Best Buy or another car audio place around you. Just talk to the installers. You would have to buy that and a RCA to Mini cable, then you can control the Ipod by the Ipod and still have the best sound quality possible. Plus you can use it for any other audio products with a headphone jack. Here is a link for a picture. http://www.cardomain.com/item/PERPXRPIO

7. hunterguy86

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is EXACTLY what I need. Thanks!

8. lak2004

lak2004 1/2 ton status

No problem, I install at Best Buy so if you need any more help or anything let me know.

9. hunterguy86

I went to best buy and got the adapter last night. I got it all installed and it works great!

Thanks again.

10. lak2004

lak2004 1/2 ton status

No problem