Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ipods are attractive.............to lightning!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, Jul 8, 2006.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Article Launched: 07/06/2006 01:00:00 AM MDT
    denver & the west
    Lightning zeros in on teenager's tunes
    Castle Rock boy burned via iPod wires
    By Felisa Cardona
    Denver Post Staff Writer

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Jason Bunch, 17, rests at home in Castle Rock on Wednesday after being released from the hospital. He was struck by lightning Sunday while mowing the lawn. The current may have traveled through the headphone wires of his iPod, burning his ears, cheeks and side. (Post / Helen H. Richardson) [​IMG][​IMG]
    Castle Rock - Jason Bunch was listening to Metallica on his iPod while mowing the lawn outside his Castle Rock home Sunday afternoon when lightning hit him.
    The last thing the 17-year-old remembers was that a storm was coming from the north and he had only about 15 minutes before he should go inside.
    Next thing he knew, he was in his bed, bleeding from his ears and vomiting. He was barefoot and had taken off his burned T-shirt and gym shorts. He doesn't know how he got back in the house.
    Bunch immediately called his mother, who was in Illinois visiting family. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Kelly Risheill holds up the shirt her son was wearing when he was hit by lightning. Jason Bunch does not remember how he got from the front yard into the house. He came to in his bed, bleeding from the ears and vomiting. He had stripped off his burned clothes, and his shoes were still in the street. No one else was at home. (Post / Helen H. Richardson) [​IMG][​IMG]
    "Mom, I think I was hit by lightning," he said.
    Kelly Risheill told her son to call 911, and she started the 14-hour drive home.
    About the same time, a neighbor saw Bunch's scorched green and white Reebok tennis shoes in the street, a few feet away from the lawn mower. She also called for help.
    Bunch was taken to Sky Ridge Medical Center and placed in intensive care. He was sent home Tuesday.
    "I'm alive, and that is what I am grateful for," Bunch said as he lay in bed Wednesday.
    From the hospital, Bunch called a friend and told him he wasn't able to go bowling. Then, he called a girl he was supposed to meet for a date.
    "I said, 'I did not stand you up. I was struck by lightning."'
    Bunch's ears were burned on the inside, and he's lost some hearing, mostly on the right side. His hair was singed.
    His face, chest, hands and right leg have freckle-size welts on them as if buckshot had come from inside his body out. The wounds follow the line of his iPod, from his ears down his right side to his hip, where he was carrying the device. The iPod has a hole in the back, and the earbuds dissolved into green threads.

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

and here's your answer,,,

"Jason Bunch was listening to Metallica "

3. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yess 1 I-pod down eleventy billion to go.:wink1:

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

RIDE THE LIGHTNING! Wooooooooooo!

5. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

6. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

my exact thought

7. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

heh... We HAVE had a lot of lightining lately.

8. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

I feel bad for the guy ... I'm sure that hurt a ton and will mess him up for quite a while ......

BUT WHY WERE YOU MOWING THE LAWN IN A FIN THUNDERSTORM!!!

idiot

9. BoondocK5

BoondocK5 1 ton status Author

I bet he won't do that again!

I don't mean to laugh at someone elses pain, but,:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: