Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Iraq or bust....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by azblazer, Apr 11, 2005.

1. azblazer

azblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Got my MOB orders friday for 14 may....will be in fort bliss 17 may... however the new unit has ordered me to ogden this friday so the adventure is starting early...for all my friends i've known from this web site for years...er...since day one should i say....goto www.us.army.mil and click on set up account....it'll be the bottom box (friend of member) and use my user name (douglas.c.wright) to get yourself an army email account so we can keep in touch for the next 18 months or so. They want us to have friends and family get an army email addy as sometimes the army email addy will be the only source of contact for us....once you do all the stuff to set up an account it sends me an email that i just approve the request.

And since i've attended Blazer Bash since the WhyTo K5 Run without missing a single outing....someone will have to bag me a shirt and sticker...and steve do i qualify for a dash plaque since i'll be in iraq? Plus someone will win a bunch of stuff at steve's raffle cause i won't be buying a $100 worth of tickets this year...lol.

Doug W.

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Since I don't know, and I'd like to, what's MOB stand for? Oh and once again, do whatever you need to do to make it back this way in one piece!!! Haven't met ya yet and I'd really appreciate the chance to do said same. :)

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

You just make sure to get your butt back here in 1 piece Doug. Thank you for your efforts. We all appreciate them. You may not make BB this year but we will catch you at the next one.

Take care

Harley

4. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Good luck bro.....18 months! :( Damn that's along time. I have only been here 4 months and am already coming home in a few weeks. Keep your head down and god bless, thanks for serving!

Any idea where you will be? I am at Ali Air Base, Camp Cedar is a few miles from here. We have a lot of Army guys here, well mostly Army a small amount of us Air Force pukes.

5. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Done deal. Good luck over there bud.

6. mtrdrms

mtrdrms 1/2 ton status

It goes by fast bro. Dont be too proud to ask for lots of mail and packages of food ALL THE TIME! Good luck to you and may the camel spiders never catch your scent!

7. azblazer

azblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

MOB orders is short for mobilization orders...
    Got your account squared away nick...gettin some shut eye...stuck in denver yesterday and went to doc a few mins ago and found out i have strep throat...grrr.

DW

8. mosesburb

I got denied after you approved me :confused: . I need to re-apply, so you will see me come up AGAIN..... FYI for anybody doing this, when it tells you to pick your username, only pick the one that states your name, do not pick any other options it gives you or you will get bounced.

9. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I just want to say to everyone who is Iraq thanks I mean a big huge thanks.

10. bluehen

bluehen 1/2 ton status

Thank You and God Bless!

11. mosesburb

Ok, re-did it and it should be good this go-round. It was wierd, yesterday, I got a confirmation deal saying that I was approved, then about an hour later I got a notice that my approval had been revoked because I picked one of the user names that they offered that wasn't my proper name and it got bounced because of that.

12. FWP

FWP CRS

Signed up. Take good care Duggy. I'll buy a few tickets for ya at BB05 :grin: