Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Iraq

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Sep 15, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

So, what does everyone think is going to happen ??? I personally think we're gonna go in and kick some a$$, and prevoke another attack like 911. But I don't think they'll be able to do anything as devastating. I understand as a nation, it's unwise to alowe a country like Iraq to become nuclar capable, but I also think our involvement in that part of the world was the driving force behind the 9/11 attack. What are your thoughts ???

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Good 'ol Bush is going to finish his fathers war. But I will be glad to see that guy leave. At least we have a president with big enough balls to say the U.N. doesn't have a backbone and is willing to start a war by himself.

3. mercercadet

mercercadet 1/2 ton status

I think its a good thing to take him out of power, though we've got to be careful about how we leave things...perhaps we should go imperialist and claim it as a territory or something cause we don't want a another crazy dictator risin to power. It's kinda weird because people a year ahead of me in school will more than likely be over there for some part of the conflict or the aftermath if we go in so it kinda strikes at home if ya know what I mean.

4. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Bomb them back to the stone age.

5. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

We have proof that Iraq has connections tied with what happend 9/11. Its not like we are provoking it, they already got themselves involved and we are protecting ourselves.

They have hit us first, we are protecting ourselves. Did you all watched any of the news or listened to news on the radio today? They went over it today and I know I have heard about sadam involved before today.

I dont think we need something like 9/11 to happen before we get that Sadam jerk anyway. He has been involved in so much already and cant forget about the weapons that he has been hiding from the U.N. its too scary to sit back and not ruffle any feathers.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I do agree we need to get Saddam. Some people would say we struck first, remember Desart Storm ??? That is suposta be part of why 9/11 happened, or so I've heard. Now I'm not one to try stirr anything up, becouse I'm not taking anyones side in this. I just wanted to know what everyones thoughts were.

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Personally I think the US should never have pulled out of Iraq til they had posession of "So-Damn-Insane"'s lifeless body.

Allowing him to live and continue was a huge mistake IMHO.

Rene

8. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

Difficulties with Iraq were evident prior to 9/11 by more than a decade...

...we should go and finish the job we started in '91 that was not the official "objective".

In the warped mind of the Iraqi's, I could see how it could be construed as a "first strike", albeit untrue. I like to think of it as the skinny kid (Kuwait), being harassed by the self-proclaimed bully (Iraq), having his big brother (U.S.) come in and stomp the bully's a$$...

9. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i say we just drop a few nukes over there and be done with it...it would save alot of time..and man power/millitary lives etc etc...not to mention money.....but hey that just me... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif it ended the war with japan...so why wouldent it work this time??

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Basicly becouse it'd couse a major problem with the rest of those oil rich countrys around Iraq. The big issue that is not being brought into the public eye is how bad will we piss off the other oil producing countrys ??? We don't want an embargo against us. Personally I'm for invading them all and taking over the oil fields !!!!!!!! Wouldn't you like to get a gallon of 91 oct. gas for $0.25 ?????? **** the camel jockeys, lets just take over them all !!!!

11. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

**** 'em and nuke 'em all!! Then let God sort 'em out!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

12. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Allowing him to live and continue was a huge mistake IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep..should have killed him a long time ago! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

13. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Here is the problem. We went into the gulf war under the United Nations umbrella and that was a big mistake. Old George Bush basicly had to stop once the Iraqi's were out of Kuwait under the UN's rules. Now that G.W.'s in there he is willing to go in wether the pussy ran UN likes it or not and in recent days has said that if the UN does not act then they are irrelevant in the 21'st century, good.
    I personaly think we should pull out of the UN since we foot the biggest part of the budget, and when crap happens to us they try to act like were the bully and want to tell us what to do. **** em.
    Iraq is the bad guy here. They invaded Kuwait because they did not want to pay back what they owed (loan) and thought by annexing Kuwait they could add to there oil reserves and force OPEC to agree to their prices.
    So in turn they got their butt's kicked and agreed to sanctions and resalutions and have not obliged by what the promised. Not to mention they sponser terroist and it has been proven that they are devloping chemical, biological and nuculer wepons.

14. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Not to mention they sponser terroist and it has been proven that they are devloping chemical, biological and nuculer wepons.

[/ QUOTE ]

That guy is one scary dude. I hate to see war and I hate to see what comes becuase of war. I hope that things go smoothly. I know that we really do not have much choice. We need to protect ourselves and our future. I just put faith into our president and hope that we make the right choices. So far I think he is doing a very good job.

15. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Like mercercadet said, the biggest worry everyone should have about taking out Saddam is the guy who takes over the country once Saddam is dead. Have any of you read about his sons? They make their dad look like Mr. Rogers.

Saddam is crazy but he knows the rules of the game. The next guy might not stop and think about the results of his actions. That uncertainty is the scariest part, IMO.

16. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

Who do think put those oil fields in?
    We did... we turned the Saudi's and the other's from nomadic herdsmen into oil cartels. 50 years ago they were all riding camels and sleeping in tents. We developed those countries, we provided the education, we trained there doctors and for the most part we are still training their military brass. What do we get in return? Ripped off on oil prices. I say that it's time we stopped buying from them period! The US is the only country that buys everything with cash, 99% of the other countries out there have to get financed on it. If that cash flow stops they are going to be in a world of hurt. Hard to pay for things with an IOU from Liberia. We should start buying from the Russians until we can provide for ourselves, jump start their economy in a BIG way, and still be able to get it cheaper.

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I hear you on that one. But how can we controle who will be the next leader over there once we kill Saddom ???

18. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Kill every last Iraqi and put me in charge!! I promise I'll be nice....../forums/images/icons/wink.gif

19. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Did you all just hear the news? Sadam has agreed to allow people back into the country to check weapons. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif That is what the local news said anyway. Im going to check fox but that is what they claim. That is a very good thing to hear.

20. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I heard Chretien might be looking for a job soon...maybe he'd like Iraq?/forums/images/icons/grin.gif Nobody can understand a word he says anyways...

Rene