Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Irish Ancestry?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Beast388, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Since it is St. Patrick's Day, let's have all those who are of Irish decent post up and if you know your Irish ancestry, post that up too! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

My Great, Great, Great, Great Grandfather, Patrick Clarke was born in Giltrim, Dunshaughlin, Meath, Ireland in 1809 and died in Clarkston, Utah in 1891. He came to the U.S. in about 1834. I have many other Irish born ancestors, but he brought my surname to this country. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

May the luck of the Irish be with you today! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I'll drink to that.... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i know i'm part irish, but sadly thats all i know /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

My mom's side has some Irish wayy back..so here's to St. Paddy's day! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

SCOTTISH here !! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif ... from the Phillips clan. I haven't traced it back so I have no details. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

How much detail/generations do you want? My mom's been doing our family info for about 8 years.
    Moms side is irish(a little scottish somehow) and dads side is german that moved to sweden then to the US with a religious group. About the last 150-180 years they have lived in TN,PA, then to Indiana, about the last 100 year within about 100 miles of Frankfort, Indiana.

We have the signiture of my fathers, great,great, great grandfather when he signed in coming off the boat into the US!

Both sides have changed there spelling of names.
    Mom's side is Gorman (also McGorman, MacGorman), Laughner has been spelled wrong alot the names and birthdays match birth and death certificates/info. Mom's got a tree breakdown somewhere.

7. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Mom's great gramma (Annie O'Connell) came over on the boat from Buttevant, County Cork. Not sure what year, tho.

Dad's family is Scottish, too. McDonald clan here /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. crazy427

crazy427 1/2 ton status

My Great great grandparents moved from Ireland ( not sure From were )to brooklyn New York. My Family lived there until My Grandparents moved to edison New Jersery in 1955.

Sla'inte--- Drink-up /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Swedish, Irish, Scottish, Preussen... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif I'm forgetting at least 10 more nationalities.

10. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Second generation out of the trees here. My Dad's mother came over from the Isle. I don't know at what age and haven't done a family tree, but it's pretty easy to go back two generations /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

John

11. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

i dated a red head before, does that count? /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif