Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

IROK updates?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Thumper, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Any new updates? ie: road manners, wear, rock/ mud/ snow performance,
    I am seriously thinking about the 39.5x13.5-15s... prolly late Feb or so. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mike

2. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

thinking the same thing but waiting on people to post on them, I am thinking january /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

3. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I want 42s. I want to know how tall the lugs are.

4. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

btt, I want 42s damn it.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Only update I have is they climb the steps in my garage with ease... ha, k5 isn't nearly ready for them.

6. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    btt, I want 42s damn it.

[/ QUOTE ]Then you will want 44's,Then 46's then49's where does it end? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Irok review from UROC competitor

8. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I'd like to hear some feedback on the 49's and how they do in the mud my next set of tires are gonna be Iroks or 52" michelins XML's I'm swaying towards the Irok's cuz I think they'd be lighter

9. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I'm hoping to hear some good news about the 42's also... Anyone think a Dana 60 and 14 bolt could handle those 49's in mud? /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif hmmm... Now I'm thinking maybe I should just go 49's /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Thanks guys now I'm thinking again! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif You suck you suck! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Just kidding /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

My wallet hurts /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

thinking sure does suck, just leads to spending money. My wallet hurts too. I still have money but I have nothing to drive daily /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif unless I feel like breaking out the completely street illegal K5 with no heater, and $900 worth of soft compound tires.

11. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Well, all I was wanting to know was some general comments. I have figured out that they are very good on rocks, and Mudzer has said they perform well in mud, but are they wearing fast on the highway? How are they in snow? The TSLs I just took off were totally unable to cope with the hard packed snow on the roads. Maybe noone that has em get any snow? I think I am still very interested in a set of 39.5s.

Thanks for the info.
    Mike

12. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

13. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I won't be street driving them, other than to the local cruise night once or twice. They seem so soft I'm sure they chew up with small miles, though I've never owned this nice a tire before to compare.

14. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I have the 39.5" IROK's and haven't driven them other than to and from the trails locally. So, they don't have many miles on them, nor do they show signs of wear.

I would say, since they are the same compound as most other swampers, and given the fact that they have larger voids, meaning more contact pressure on each tread they do have, would result in lesser tread life. This is speculation on my part though.

I talked to INTERCO and they are planning to release the 42" IROK in the first quarter of 2004. I am hoping to get a set of them for testing. I'll keep you posted. That's all I know about them other than they work great offroad here in the midwest. It should snow soon, so I'll test them in the snow as well. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Irok review from UROC competitor

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure why he said they changed the compound for him. I don't think thats true. I'll call the source on this one, then get back to you. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I talked to INTERCO and they are planning to release the 42" IROK in the first quarter of 2004.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking first part or later part of the first quarter????????? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

17. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

when are the 38-38.5s comin? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

j

18. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    when are the 38-38.5s comin? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

j

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with 39.5s?

19. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

these would be for a single-seat toy-drivetrain tube buggy project. even with serious upgrades (think lots of 300m) I wouldnt wanna run 39.5s on 8" axles in a rig thats gonna be "gettin it" on serious rocks with lockers/spools. many toy guys run 38.5s though and only get occassional/acceptable breakage. the irok is a light tire for its size, which helps. but a 38.5" sized one would be perfect. right now all they have is a 36" and 39.5" (which seems to be "large for its size" unlike most intercos).. they need something in the middle for rigs that dont have 1-ton axles, but arent weeny stockers either.

j