Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Iroks in the sand

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Paxx, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

How are they? I know a few of you have been running them for a while now and I'm curious with them not being as wide as a tsl if they tend to dig too much. I am considering them soon in the 36" size and am hoping the review is good /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Thnx
    ~Max

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If you want to run sand and only sand, IROKs are too aggressive.

3. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

No not for only sand but we do have a fair bit of it around here. I live in a very dry climate and there is more than a few spots that I've found some sand. My 33x12.5's have always done alright but it could always be better.

The Iroks just look like a much better tire to me for everything else other than that, which is why I'm looking into it.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Have you consittered Ground Hawg 2's ?? With thier directional tread patteren, they should do quite well in the sand, mud, ...ect. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Have you consittered Ground Hawg 2's ?? With thier directional tread patteren, they should do quite well in the sand, mud, ...ect. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Until you put your truck in reverse. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

No I don't really like the looks of those and I don't think they would perform as well as the iroks would. Maybe in the sand but not on anything else.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'd say look at BFG A/Ts, or, *gasp* some really wide M/T Baja Belted's.

8. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

they should do very well just air down i run 8psi in the sand /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

The shoulder lug design looks awsome for sand. I think the center lugs will leave a lot to be desired. If you *sight* down a tires tread and see light through it they usually don't do so well in the sand. This is all a theory of sort as I have no first hand experience with them.
    My .02 (I usually get change back so don't feel bad if you ignore the above)

10. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

are boggers too aggressive for sand??? mine seem to work Freakin awesome in sand...

i dont get why people think that sand is so hard to drive in...

11. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

well i havent been in huge areas of sand, but i have been in a few spots and my Micky Thompson Baja Belted 35/17.50/15s are about the most awesome tire i have seen in sand, i can go anywehre any time, they are great, i run about 9lbs in them, and when you get to spinnig them really fast it sounds like a tire burn out on pavement, lol i dont think they are great for anything other then sand and pavement, but i do like them, and they just look awesome on my blazer, lol
    [​IMG]