Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Iroks/tsls Vs.bfg Mud

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RSNHELL, Jan 21, 2005.

1. RSNHELL

RSNHELL Registered Member

Looking To Buy Some New 36x13.50x16 Iroks On 16x10 Wheel Vintiques Chrome Truckers. I Have Bfgs On Right Now And Am Looking For Something Bigger And Wider. I Live In No. Cal. And Mostly Run Mud And Snow. I Was Wondering If Anybody Had Any Feedback On How The Swampers Rate To The Bfgs In Theses Two Fields. Are Iroks A Better Tire For Mud And Snow ,or Tsls? Thanks

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You sound like someone that is going to drive on the road a lot. DON'T get Swampers, you'll hate them. Get yourself some MT/Rs or BFG Muds.

3. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

For mud, I've ran both TSL's and BFG muds on the trails and can tell you with certainty that the TSL's will run circles around the BFG's. The BFG muds used to be the most popular tire in our club, but now most of those guys are switching over to TSL's after seeing them perform on the trails.

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'd vote for SSR's. They are good on the road, have lots of siping for wet conditions, and work well in the mud. I liked the set I had.

5. RSNHELL

Do You Know How The Tsls Compare To The Iroks. I Make Trips To Lake Pillsbury And Own 200 Acres In Middletown With Two Cabins.(3800 Ft, Elev.) And Snows In The Winter At Both Places. One Trip To Lake Pillsbury I Tried To Make It To The Top Of Hull Mtn. And When I Hit About A Foot Of Snow The Bfgs Started Sliding All Over The Place, But I Did See Swamper Tracks Going Further Than I Could Get.maybe My 33's Where Just To Small.

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

There was just a post over on PBB, by 4rnrrick I believe, raving about the performance of their Iroks in the snow! I think it may have been in the Toy forum...

7. RSNHELL

Yeah, I Think I Read That Posts Too, I'm Kinda Leaning Toward The Iroks, Now If I Can Just Find Some 16x10 8 Lug Chrome Spokes Ill Be Set . I Love Getting A Tax Return

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm still a fan of the Denman Ground Hawg.

9. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

same here, they are great for off roading and they last forever

10. RSNHELL

I Like Them Too ,but They Dont Make A 36" In A 16" Rim, And I Don't Want To Grind My Calipers ,or Have The Bead Retention Of A 16.5"

11. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

I ran TSL radials on a dodge I used to have, they were 36x12.50 and they absolutely dominated all my buddies BFG muds, however they did not do real awesome in deep snow, seemed like they jsut dug too much but it was probably because it was such a heavy truck on relatively skinny tires with fairly aggresive (compared to bias TSL's) tread. I have also had a few sets of mud terrains and have liked them but i still think they pretty much suck on road, not that they are too noisy but it seems like they wear really weird if you drive over 70 for any amount of time. Oh and the TSL's will flat spot over night but they come out of it pretty quickly. I think I am gonna go with some Iroks for my blazer.

12. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

if you're gonna drive on the street quite a bit, go with BFGs / MTRs / Procomps... if the rig is off-road-only or you basically just drive it to and from wheelin spots, then go with the iroks or TSLs.

j