Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

irritating squeak

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jimmyjames, Dec 18, 2001.

1. jimmyjames

jimmyjames Registered Member

Hi, I've got an 88 jimmy full size. It's got a nasty squeak right behind the passangers door under the truck. I sprayed silicone spray and WD40 on the shock bolts and the bolts that attach the leaf springs. the dam squeak semes to be near or in the rear cab mount. I have sprayed up their with no luck. It squeaks all the time, I rock the in my drive way and I can hear it.can any one help? (stock hight and tires)
    thanks for your help

2. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

It does sound like a worn body mount. I paid to have mine changed on the body for the same reason. You might also want to check the mounts at the rad support. Also check to make sure the seat bolts are tight as well.
    Shawnboy.

<font color=red>If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.</font color=red>

3. jimmyjames

jimmyjames Registered Member

The seat bolts are tight and the body and frame mounts are not worn and tight. This thing has got me stumped. Thanks for the help so far.

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Have you got polly bushings in the rear springs? Check the bushings. I had one slip and let the spring touch the spring hanger.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

5. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

Also check fuel lines, your fuel filter is in that area check for tightness. As well check the filler neck on you gas tank the hose clamps on the rubber extension could be loose, The top shock bolt at rear could have rounded out the hole and be squeeking as well. You might no be able to feel that the shock is loose because of the vehicles weight but these things are famous for that one.
    Shawnboy.

<font color=red>If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.</font color=red>