Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is $1800 for this K-20 a good price?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MuddNutz, Aug 30, 2004.

1. MuddNutz

MuddNutz Registered Member

I found a 78 K-20 for sale and I haven't driven to see it yet because its 3 hours away, but what do you think of the price? It has a 350, Th400, 14 bolt with 4.11 gears. He swapped a Dana 60 in the front with 4.56 gears so a regear would be in order. He says there is no rust. The paint is very fadded and the hood is a different color. He says all it needs is new exhaust and a brake job. He said he doesn't know whats wrong with them. Maybe just bleed, maybe mastercylinder or booster. What do you think? I want to make this my tow rig. I was thinking about removing the 60 and replacing it with a 44 and selling the 60. I shouldn't need the 60 just to use a tow rig right?

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

60 would be great on a tow rig, more brakes are always good.

I'd say that price is pretty decent.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Go for it. I'll swap you a D44 with the gears of your choice for that Dana 60. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Where is this thing at? If you don't want it let me know. Yeah, would be worth it and the 60 would be great for a tow rig /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Brakes is an easy fix and exhaust is a few hundred bucks. Who cares about the paint as long as there is a rattle can nearby.

James