Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

is $3500 too much to ask for my '74??

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by shane74, Jul 26, 2004.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

is $3500 too much to ask for my \'74??

Well, my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif has been sitting for several months now and I have decided to put it up for sale. I don't get to wheel near as often as I'd like, and I can't afford to build 2 rigs so I have to keep the more logical of the two. Here is what it has...

4" susp. lift
    3" body lift
    350 (has been converted to HEI, full 2 1/2" duals w/ x-over pipe, also has complete AC unit. It worked when I pulled it)
    New radiator/Alt. Water pump/PS pump
    TH350 (new and bullet proof)
    NP203 (have new part time kit, need to install it)
    D44/12 bolt (both w/ limited slip diffs 3.73 gears)
    New ball joints
    Warn prem hubs (got 'em from Powermad still need to install)
    Heavy duty tie rod
    Front seats are from a 91 Silverado
    Rear seat from 89..flip 'n fold style
    Rebuilt tilt column
    More than $600 worth of new seals and weather strip.
    Rear wind deflector (need to install)
    38x12.50x15 TSL's on 15x10 Eagle 589's
    New rear springs (need to install)
    Pioneer DEH 780 CD player w/ remote (older but still kicks @ss) hooked up to 2 amps that run my 6x9's, tweets, & subs (it'll thump pretty hard /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif)
    New limo tint glass (rear side windows and rear tail glass)
    NO RUST!!
    All new gauges and factory tach (still need to install) /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Bad stuff:
    Pass. door is dented because of a tree. Could be pulled out pretty easily /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    Stoopid PO cutout the subfloor to run side tanks (those are long gone) /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif That also can be repaired pretty easily. The body flex caused my winsheild to break. I haven't replaced the windshield because I haven't fixed the subfloor yet /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

There's prolly more stuff that I'm forgetting, but this gives an idea of what it is. I'm thinking $3500 is fair due to the year, the fact that there is NO rust, and this rig is uncut. It is all original sheet metal. It was a SOCAL truck till I brought it up here. Watcha think? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Click the link in my sig to see pics..ignore all the girly stuff my wife has on there.. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Re: is $3500 too much to ask for my \'74??

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gifThis seems to be a growing trend, sell your Blazer and buy a Burb, so whens the Burb gonna be up for grabs.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    This seems to be a growing trend, sell your Blazer and buy a Burb, so whens the Burb gonna be up for grabs

[/ QUOTE ]

Prolly not for awhile. I mean I can't sell it till I'm sure I'm going to lose at least $10K on the deal /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I really don't want to sell it, but look at the list of "need to install" stuff. I'd keep it if I had another $20K to throw at it. I'll use the $$ from the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif to build the /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif if I can get a fair price for it. I have more than $7K into the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif but you can't tell unless you dig through all the receipts and mounds of paperwork I have for it /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

oh yeah,...:flipoff: /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have more than $7K into the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif but you can't tell unless you dig through all the receipts and mounds of paperwork I have for it /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif So true! So much into them and the average person probably see's some "old" truck...are "heap" in my case /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

5. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

That sucks your selling your Blazer /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I know of someone who is looking but wants to trade a speedboat for a K5, you need something cool to tow behind your Burb /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That sucks your selling your Blazer

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yes it does /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif But I can't afford 2 rigs and I go in for a back fusion pretty soon. I think my wheeling days are numbered. friggin POS spine /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    and I go in for a back fusion pretty soon.

[/ QUOTE ] Dude you know how toasted my back is and theres no fricken way they will ever talk me into that.....I hear your even more fawked up after.... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

8. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

We may have to discuss this over a beverage or two. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif Kinda getting tired of not being able to move my legs after I sit for more than a couple hours..and it's not just when I take the Sunday paper into the bathroom /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Have you tried a chiropractor? Would not hurt to try it first before going in for surgury. I have an uncle that was told by many doctors he would need to have his back fused, but decided to try a chiropractor first and hasnt had to go back to the doctors for his back since (something like 20+ years now).

10. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    But I can't afford 2 rigs and I go in for a back fusion pretty soon.

[/ QUOTE ]
    My mom had her 4th and 5th vertibrae(sp?)fused about 10 yrs ago. And to this day she says its the worst thing she has ever done. She can't sleep in a bed cause its hard to get out so she sleeps on the couch, she stoops over after sitting in a chair for more than 30 minutes. Takes her about 5 minutes to stand up straight /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'd do some serious checking around at other options before you go in for the surgery man.

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

yeah and 20+ years ago they were using welding rod to fuse backs together... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Have you tried a chiropractor

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been to 3 in the last 6 months. None of them would touch me because my S1-L1 contact to too far deteriorated. They are afraid of breaking my spinal column. Kinda sh*tty... Oh well, I'll get over it..I guess. /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

13. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    4th and 5th vertibrae(sp?)fused

[/ QUOTE ]

I need a S1-L1 fusion (the 1st vertebra and hip bone needs to be fused together). I have already lost all mobility from that area. I was standing at work the other day and my legs went numb. When I went to walk away, I couldn't and fell over. Most embarassing moment I've ever had in my life. They sent me to the hospital even though I told them I already knew what was wrong. I had to get the doc. to sign a release so I could go back to work. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif He told me I could probably qualify for disability, but I'll friggin' keel over dead first. I have grade 4 spondolithesis (degredation of the spine) There are only 5 grades. Once you hit grade 5, your screwed. Then NOTHING can be done to help it, and you resign yourself to a wheelchair till you die. Mine is right where my spine connects to my hips. It hurts like a MOTHERF*CKER every moment of every day. I have to take serious narcotics to sleep anymore. Frankly, I'd rather swallow a bullet than live with this much longer. I'm just sick of how it feels. But, I refuse to let this ruin my life. I'd rather deal with a fusion and keep walking than have to be an invalid.

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd do some serious checking around at other options

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been through several different types of treatment. I tried to get more than 6 different chiropractors to work on me in the past year. They won't touch me. I've seen 4 different doctors, a couple nature-o-pathic docs, and even booked a few days in traction to try to make it better. I'm f*ckd, plain and simple.

I'm too young for this sh*t, but I gotta do something soon or I'll go insane. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

14. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    (the 1st vertebra and hip bone needs to be fused together).

[/ QUOTE ] Yep sounds about right, ever since I was about 10 or 11.... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gifYou get good drugs to sleep, whats your Dr. name , mine gave me Valume for a month, so that lasted all of 3 days.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifHe can't understand whay I wanna drink a gallon of booze everyday.... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

15. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

My doc's name is Dr. Dixon. He's old school military doc, but he stays current on the latest stuff. The ortho-surgeon I have talking with is Dr. Hart at OHSU. The guy knows his sh*t. He even gave me a list of former patients for me to contact. I asked for names of people dating back 3 years. He gave them up no problem. 2 of the 3 I talked to were active in sports and outdoor adventure type stuff. They both swore by him. The 3rd was a chick. She wasn't an outdoors type of person, but she said before she went to him she couldn't "go clubbing" because it hurt too much. Now she "can go all night". /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Seriously though, the methods they use have changed and they are much less invasive than they used to be. Dr. Hart is considered on of the leading spinal experts in the country. Check him out. He's published and is one of those guys they call in to the really bad situations to fix people up. I got a good feeling from him, otheriwse I'd have helped him develope a serious case of cranial rectal inversion.

16. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

OK then, you fist, I mean you first.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif