Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Is $800 a good price for a used Warn?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by goldwing2000, Feb 1, 2007.

1. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

2. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

used is still used. I'm going with ramsey when I buy a winch

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

The accessory kit is nothing special and could likely be had at your local hardware store, piece by piece, for the same cost or less ... the receiver cradle is what, $100 or so? So that's maybe $650-700 for the winch proper, depending on how you rate it ... for a refurb, presumably with a warranty, that's not bad.

The Warn-vs-Ramsey thing has been debated a million times; I was all set to buy a Warn, but a cool old Ramsey came my way for cheap and so that's what I got. I'd still like to have an 8274, but ya know, there are other priorities :)

Anyway, in the end it comes down to what YOU think. You could do better, buying used from a private party, but then who knows what you're getting ... you could do worse, buying brand new. :dunno:

-- A

4. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Receiver cradles are actually around $200.

I dunno...

I haven't really shopped around much. You guys are sometimes my first stop. :D

I suppose anything's better than a Milemarker electric, though.

Just found a brand new one for $900 shipped.
    http://www.winchdepot.com/winchDetail.asp?partNumber=37441

5. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

hey now, don't make fun of my MM electric. Just cuz he is fat and slow doesn't mean he is not useful.:D

6. onetonbb74

onetonbb74 1/2 ton status

id say 500 for the winch, there out there for cheaper but for the winch only, id pay 500 and then 650 with all the extras. I assume the cable is ok/used on this winch, id lower the price if the cable is fuct. Does it come with the controller, mounting bolts, wiring cables, quick disconnect connectors, fairlead, and weather cover?